Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Denova/EC Stormcaller & Firebrand Overtuned 16m Hard?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Denova/EC Stormcaller & Firebrand Overtuned 16m Hard?

Kaisies
06.20.2012 , 12:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
You don't need two tanks for the mine field. At all. With a proper maximum threat rotation and intelligent use of taunts it can be easily done with one, even if the DPS are going all out.
while I completly agree, it seems as the issue with this person is also DPS, which means DPS is undergeared. we were already overgeared for SM EC so we didn't have issues with probes ETC but I could see it being a potential problem and advised accordingly.

Emlaeh
06.20.2012 , 01:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisies View Post
Also, kephess will be impossible, and I don't mean unlikely, I mean full on impossible with 2 tanks. Period. The fight mechanics require 3.
No fight in this game requires 3 tanks.
executive producer @ darthhater.com
The Sith Inquisitor is about the individual at odds with the community, and whether to ultimately embrace that community, transform it, or act in defiance of it. - Rebecca Harwick, BioWare

Raque
06.20.2012 , 04:57 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisies View Post
As others have said, if your tank refuses to swap, this is a problem. Yes, on this fight you can have a dps fill the third tank role, but minefield will be difficult without 3 tanks (dps on probe must be all out, its simply impossible to hold aggro as a tank on probe, so a two tank rotation is idea with 3rd controlling puzzle so your dps doesn't pull aggro and die)

Also, kephess will be impossible, and I don't mean unlikely, I mean full on impossible with 2 tanks. Period. The fight mechanics require 3. All 3 of our tanks are full campaign w/augs and its still a reasonable challenge (communication and a good rotation of who's next is paramount) to complete the sub 60 kephess fight. Have a talk with your tank, if you cannot change his mind, you will never, ever complete denova.
We also have done the impossible by killing Kephess with 2 tanks.

My guild was short on tanks the first couple weeks of 1.2 and still managed to kill 8 HM and 16 HM with only 2 tanks. We currently use 3 because right now we usually are low on active raiders and usually have 3 tanks on line at raid time.

If your DPS is good enough to run with 3 tanks then there is a larger margin for error by running with them, but it is hardly essential.

Cthrax
06.21.2012 , 09:22 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Raque View Post
We also have done the impossible by killing Kephess with 2 tanks.

My guild was short on tanks the first couple weeks of 1.2 and still managed to kill 8 HM and 16 HM with only 2 tanks. We currently use 3 because right now we usually are low on active raiders and usually have 3 tanks on line at raid time.

If your DPS is good enough to run with 3 tanks then there is a larger margin for error by running with them, but it is hardly essential.
Those two tanks must be pretty awesome Raque!

Raque
06.21.2012 , 10:38 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Cthrax View Post
Those two tanks must be pretty awesome Raque!
....ya I am not so sure about that Jugg tank

Cthrax
06.23.2012 , 11:21 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Raque View Post
....ya I am not so sure about that Jugg tank
Oh man..

MorganDaemos
06.24.2012 , 08:14 PM | #27
Our Guild has downed the tanks in 8 man, and were considering the feasibility of trying it 16.

What it is the total health of the two tanks?

I believe they are combined 1.6M in 8-man, are they just doubled for 16 or is it higher then that for an anticipated 10 DPS?

Shouei
06.25.2012 , 10:12 AM | #28
alright so your tank needs to swap that whole someone else taunts for that phase incinerate doesn't work because then your dps already squishy gets hit with that and if the tank doesn't taunt off well he's gonna die. Secondly are you have dps keep attacking the tanks while in the bubble. We had a few range dps keep attacking the boss while melee dps kills adds real fast. Also another great strat is if you look at your strongest dps and weakest separate them if you have a sentinel/marauder put one sentinel in one group with 3 of your strongest dps have him pop inspiration or blood thirst to get that extra crit and power damage on bosses. I found this work best as that little inspiration or blood thirst gives your highest dps more numbers help with that close enrage boss fights.

Raque
06.25.2012 , 12:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MorganDaemos View Post
Our Guild has downed the tanks in 8 man, and were considering the feasibility of trying it 16.

What it is the total health of the two tanks?

I believe they are combined 1.6M in 8-man, are they just doubled for 16 or is it higher then that for an anticipated 10 DPS?
If memory serves, it is just double health....but a 16 man as more then double the dps so it ends up with a lower dps requirement for each person to meet the enrage timer.

IMO, most encounters on 8 man have harder dps & hps requirements and are less forgiving of mistakes; while 16 man encounters are organizationally more difficult since the raid leads need to coordinate 16 people vs. 8 to do the right thing.....like divide into 4 even groups for shields on this fight with 6 possible shield spawn points. If you can get all 16 people to go to the right spawn on the shields, it is a much easier fight on 16 man.