Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM,ops,NiM too long?

RedPands
05.06.2012 , 06:13 PM | #1
Hello there. Honestly I know this will get a lot of ranting and bashing but I am speaking the truth for myself.
SO my problem is, why are HMs, and ops so long???
I dont have enough time at night to do a stupid HM that potentionally might not get me any good loot.
In SWG a heroic at the most took maybe 1 hour.
Take Hoth in swg for example, if you had a good group, you could do it in no time. In this game a HM can take upwards of 4 hours to do one stupid thing. I am sorry if I am the only person who likes to sleep at night and wake up and do things in the morning. So far I have been looking for a new guild that will run ops at maybe 7 est. This will give me enough time but really. These HMs are too long.

I am not the complaining type so please dont yell at me for this person observation
We are not running away... just making a tactical advance in the other direction
Diddett - 55 PT Didet - 55 Sorc Lizu - 55 Op Didumz - 55 Sniper Raalwa - 55 Sage Patient'bear - 55 Marauder Talcano - 55 Assassin

AidanLightwalker
05.06.2012 , 06:20 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by RedPands View Post
Hello there. Honestly I know this will get a lot of ranting and bashing but I am speaking the truth for myself.
SO my problem is, why are HMs, and ops so long???
I dont have enough time at night to do a stupid HM that potentionally might not get me any good loot.
In SWG a heroic at the most took maybe 1 hour.
Take Hoth in swg for example, if you had a good group, you could do it in no time. In this game a HM can take upwards of 4 hours to do one stupid thing. I am sorry if I am the only person who likes to sleep at night and wake up and do things in the morning. So far I have been looking for a new guild that will run ops at maybe 7 est. This will give me enough time but really. These HMs are too long.

I am not the complaining type so please dont yell at me for this person observation
This isn't swg
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

Neferseki
05.06.2012 , 06:31 PM | #3
You must be doing something wrong. or you dont have a good group.

When i do hard mode flashpoints, hm Taral V i can do in 15minutes (skipping the bonus boss) HM MP/D7 in 30 - 35 minutes (skipping bonus boss in D7), HM Esseles in 30minutes, HM Kaon under Siege in 40 - 45minutes. The ones that take a bit longer seem to be battle of ilum and false emperor HMs but i dont think they take me much over an hour.

OPs generally take longer than an hour but thats because its nature is supposed to be hard for a large group of 8 or 16 people.

RedPands
05.06.2012 , 07:07 PM | #4
Yeah I am leaning more on the side of ops and NiM HMs I dont mind at all
I know I didnt write that correctly in the post
We are not running away... just making a tactical advance in the other direction
Diddett - 55 PT Didet - 55 Sorc Lizu - 55 Op Didumz - 55 Sniper Raalwa - 55 Sage Patient'bear - 55 Marauder Talcano - 55 Assassin

jarjarloves
05.06.2012 , 09:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Neferseki View Post
You must be doing something wrong. or you dont have a good group.

When i do hard mode flashpoints, hm Taral V i can do in 15minutes (skipping the bonus boss) HM MP/D7 in 30 - 35 minutes (skipping bonus boss in D7), HM Esseles in 30minutes, HM Kaon under Siege in 40 - 45minutes. The ones that take a bit longer seem to be battle of ilum and false emperor HMs but i dont think they take me much over an hour.

OPs generally take longer than an hour but thats because its nature is supposed to be hard for a large group of 8 or 16 people.
actually I did Ilum in about 30 mins today if you know how to skip most of the mobs its easy to do.

schnopsnosn
05.06.2012 , 09:46 PM | #6
FOUR hours for a HM-flashpoint? Really?
The longest one until now is probably Lost Island and it's doable in less than an hour...
The rest is doable in about 30-40min...

Same goes for operations.
Even with taking our sweet time we clear Nightmare KP in less than two hours. Yesterday's speed run had us at just a bit over one hour.

iimagiicii
05.06.2012 , 09:50 PM | #7
If you are talking about HM operations or nightmare operations, they SHOULDN'T be taking 4+ hours if you have already done it. The new raid will of course take a lot more time, especially on HM.
Jedi CovenantI Am Crysta!
"He's a good healer" - Yolo "Could do better" - Bora
"Makes me heal" - Murda "Rage quits like no other" - Everyone
All operations done pre 4.0 cause I'm cool like that.
Twitch Stream

alifaraaz
05.07.2012 , 05:54 AM | #8
Yeah when you first start to learn the fights, then sure you can spend a whole night 3-4h on one boss. But once you learn to beat them all, you can clear EV/KP in 1-1.5h, and well EC takes a while longer to learn, but we're clearing story in 2h usually, sometimes 3 if we're slow (which we are :P)

So as others said, you might wanna find a better group, or try and sacrifice more time. But honestly, if you've killed them before, it definitely shouldn't taken MORE than 4hours. And if it is, suggest to your guild to split it over 2 nights.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Goreslash
05.07.2012 , 05:59 AM | #9
Whiners will whine thats there nature
Once Upon a Time, In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
(Sith'ari)
Mokum 50 Mercenary
Guild: Symbiosis

Darth-Zexus
05.07.2012 , 06:00 AM | #10
Uh, unless NiM EC is on farm, you shouldn't be clearing it in 4 hours...
For the Empire!