Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Being squishy is not easy...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Being squishy is not easy...

Metalmac
05.06.2012 , 03:06 PM | #1
Survival is really low for any squishy class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3rGw...1&feature=plcp

MidichIorian
05.06.2012 , 03:12 PM | #2
Agree....and that frame rate O_o Is it just the recording or do you actually play like that?

xjaydub
05.06.2012 , 03:26 PM | #3
Real men play sage/sorc post 1.2.

wessik
05.06.2012 , 03:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
it's almost ironic how true the truth is...

especially when you are trying to 1 vs 2 as a sage... (start of match, 2 min mark)
strangely when you were 2 vs 1 on someone they seemed to die... (3:20, 4.5 min mark)...

sure you died 3 more times, but i'm sure the WZ win and 122 comms will comfort you...
especially when your suicidal delay tactic at the start of the match prevented them from capping their natural turret for a good 20 pt lead...
Wessik Moonrunner, [Helm of Graush, AzM]
[Kauri Rebel - CRSF,KoK, RSF General]
[Bloodfin Imperial - AzM], [AoC - WDMKR]
Castigere Bartucchi, [Kauri Imperial - MYST]

Gidoru
05.06.2012 , 04:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3rGw...1&feature=plcp
Pro tip, stop back peddling you might live longer.

dronepilot
05.06.2012 , 04:37 PM | #6
I watched your video, and to be honest I think you made several mistakes.

1) your a ranged class, you keep going right into the fight, like your a melee fighter class. You cannot survive long in the middle of a skirmish, with true melee fighter classes such as Sentinels or Sith Warriors.

2) you don't use enough buffs, you went through a good amount of that video with hardly any buffs up at all. If you die, you need to reactivate your class buff, as it always turns off after you die. You also should think about using adrenals, and expertise potions, and relics, through out the battle.

3) Your rotation seem really odd to me. You rely heavily on Project, and disturbance, (take too long to channel) in my opinion), but you should be using TK Throw, and watch for the abilties to proc, and give cd's on other abilities or buffs for others.

4) Lack of interrupts. You don't seem to use many interrupts other than trying to use force wave as an interrupt, as you see many times in that video it didn't actually help you achieve anything, other than push some guy back a foot, who can still kill you, quite easily within his killing range.

No harm in using a stun, as long as you remain within his resolve, and don't max that out. With this you should watch what the enemy is doing, and understand their rotations, and understand how your own class should work with your skill tree.

5) don't allow yourself to get dotted. DOT's should easily be stopped by using your skill that you have, to resist damage or area's affects. As a shadow, we have resilience, I can't remember if Sages have this or not, but either way you should have some thing like it, which gives you a resistance to force based attacks for a short time.

Your encounter with the Powertech, they have a pull ability, you need to stop him using it. I would also consider using other abilities you have more, such as the force earth quake you have, and also force imbalance, using these in combo with each other, along with project, and TK Throw and disturbance, use when you have the time to cast that. But abilities with instant cast are always I think going to be better.

Just my thoughts, anyway.
Velseen / Valseena
Jedi Consular Level 50 - Shadow - Infiltrator - Jedi Sage
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

Snowynn
05.06.2012 , 06:06 PM | #7
You would greatly improve your survivablity and mobility if you switched to a Balance PvP spec. Telekinetic is not great in PvP because you have to stay stationary to actually do anything. Also you should wait for the instant cast proc of Telekinetic Wave instead of actually casting it, if you wish to remain in the Telekinetic tree, you had the proc at 1:53.

Xerain
05.06.2012 , 06:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by wessik View Post
especially when your suicidal delay tactic at the start of the match prevented them from capping their natural turret for a good 20 pt lead...
I love doing this.

Or running into a pit in huttball while a few people are attacking you and they follow

Gigabolt
05.06.2012 , 06:20 PM | #9
firstly damn that was laggy, also to be fair you went in there 2v1 when all cooldowns are up and they killed you off fast, its to be expected. But yeah light armour with no defensive cd goes down fast

Ghurblub
05.06.2012 , 09:39 PM | #10
Sages do fine when you play them properly. I always top dps charts and heal charts with minimal deaths. The main problem is that you suck. Well at least now Iíve finally had the opportunity to see through the eyes of someone who does <100k damage per wz.

NOTES FROM FIRST FIGHT:
In the first fight you cast bubble 6 secs before fight (should aim for 20-30 secs), you managed to cast one dot, randomly ran into them and moved around for 5 secs then cast knockback (hitting only one person), wasted cc breaker on a slow (always save for a 4 sec cc), moved around in a circle between t: 35-49 casting nothing (not a single skill asides for one wasted interrupt that hit nothing) and face-tanking them. You need to cast more than one dot and one knockback to be useful in a 20 sec fight.

Other assorted problems & semiconstructive criticism.
1. Clicker (and you keep misclicking at that)
2. Backpedalling (strafing and instants are your friends)
3. You donít use LOS/positioning
4. You donít use bubble proactively (or much at all)
5. You ignore your tele wave/tele throw procs and try to cast tele wave without a proc
6. You try to cast mind crush (untalented)
7. Please stop running back and forth while doing nothing. At least tab dot them or something.
8. You do not cast turbulence near enough (should take the place of mind crush as it does far more damage)
9. You use force speed to run into groups when you are focused (***?)
10. You never used your heals (you should always top up before fights and use LOS to heal up)
11. Use force potency more (especially for heals)
12. The only three times that you used your interrupt were against people who werenít casting (lolwut?)
13. Why the **** would you spam disturbance 20 times in a row? Please mix in dot/turbulence and tele throw/tele wave when procced
14. You only used forcequake once
15. You donít use potions/adrenals/stims at all
16. You donít keep class buffs up at all times
17. You waste all your stuns randomly instead of choosing good times to stun
18. You try to knockback a vigilance guardian after leap
19. You donít use dispel
20. You never bubble your allies
21. You play middle spec in pvp