Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Having probelms with the dailies in Ilum

tiguelinus
05.06.2012 , 11:49 AM | #1
I can't get "A Tightened Grip" or "Operation Shatterstorm". I remember I did them when I first got to Ilum begining of January. After taking 3 month break from the game I come back and it won't give me the option to do them again since they can be done daily. Any suggestion?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/thrawn2034.png

Raxpax
05.06.2012 , 06:52 PM | #2
Same here. Operation Shatterstorm (daily) is no longer available to me. The area inside "Imperial Outpost" where I normally would pick up the quest from the quest-giver is permanently sealed off with a "red" doorway blockade. As if there's some story line quest I need to complete first -- but obviously, I've done these dailies before so it's not part of a story line. It's a friggin' daily.

I'll probably open a ticket. And pray. I'm sure there are 2,311,745 tickets per day opened for the millions of bugs in this game. Don't expect much help from a GM. No wonder the server populations are "Light"... and shrinking...

rymah
05.07.2012 , 01:41 AM | #3
Shatterstorm is offered by Operative Che'nash at the entrance to the main imperial base, on the same wall as the cargo hold terminal, A Tightened Grip is offered by Lord Tetsu outside of the instanced area at the back of the base past the vendors on the ground level.
Minister of Propaganda, Deadly Shenanigans
Drooga's Pleasure Barge / Lord Praven / Squadron 238
The Shadowedsoul Legacy
~ immortalis imperator veneremur ~

maximanissan
05.07.2012 , 06:09 AM | #4
I also cant get a tightened grip either. I can get all the other dailies but i cant get the daily offered by lord tetsu.
Hopefully someone has an answer.

SkuzBukit
05.07.2012 , 06:58 AM | #5
Try running the file-fixer from the launcher.
Mercenary 55 | Assassin 50 | Marauder 50 | Sniper 50 | Operative 55 | Sorcerer 55 | Powertech 51 | Juggernaut 55
Gunslinger 55 | Guardian 55 | Sage 55 | Vanguard 55 | Scoundrel 27 | Commando 22 | Sentinel 22 | Shadow 21

Manoog
05.07.2012 , 07:01 AM | #6
So I had a few characters who had started but not completed the First Strike arc of missions on Ilum run into an issue where the entire thing reset. I had to pick up First Strike from the droid on the fleet again and do it all over. Until I did the dailies reset to their pre-mission status. Check to see if you can get First Strike, or if you have it incomplete in your mission log.

Oggthebase
05.07.2012 , 07:11 AM | #7
when 1.2 was released, a lot of mission series were reset because Bioware changed/ corrected the mission flows and in order to avoid people being stuck, Bioware reset the missions. You may be among the people who are "stuck" in some sort of weird step of the ilum series.

Both these quests are not available when you first land on ilum. I don't remember when they unlock, but for Lord Tetsu I think it was toward the end of the planet serie. Did you check whether you completed the planet serie entirely (leading to the battle for ilum flashpoint)?

Khamil
05.07.2012 , 09:23 AM | #8
One of my (recently 50) toons have not completed the first strike quest arc to the battle of ilum but can access all dailies. Stopped at quest "A New Order", as the preceding mission unlocked "tightened grip" (ie, everything).

Another toon stopped at "shoring up defenses".
Can access:
Operation shatterstorm
Poisonous strategy
Defend the shipment
(cant pick up mission from Lord Tetsu, Tightened grip yet)
The 2 quests at imperial waystation can be picked up with no unlocks at all from level 47 btw.

Anyways, probably superflous info, if you need to pick up the first strike quest on fleet again as other posters suggest.

CitizenFry
05.07.2012 , 10:20 AM | #9
I'm having a similar issue on Republic side. I abandoned "A Gentleman's Agreement" on a character I just got to 50, and now I can't access half of the dailies with that character OR pick that quest up again. :/

Raxpax
05.07.2012 , 11:30 AM | #10
BioWare responded to my Ticket about the unavailable Ilum quests with this reply today:

Quote:
I am Protocol Droid R8-C8, Human-Cyborg Relations.

I have received your transmission regarding Ilum daily missions.
Ilum daily missions have been made unavailable for the time being. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. However the weekly missions should still be available for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our speciality…
Sincerely,
Protocol Droid R8-C8 (aka John)
Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service
Despite some replies here that implied the OP's problem was one of LOCATING the quest-givers, this error is obviously a problem on BioWare's side -- not with the players. The daily quests in question had all been previously available to players, as many posts noted. And Ilum's daily quests have (had?) been structured so that it's impossible to miss active, available quests. Quests should light up with "available quest" triangle markers on the map. It's impossible to miss an available quest in a zone, if they're functioning properly. Suggestions that players don't know where to look seem patronizing, frankly. The Ilum dailies are all located in tight proximity of two bases. Anyone seeking them, even casually, should easily see all the available quest-markers lit on the map. The problem isn't one of "locating" them. The problem is one of availability.