Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Malgus dying- is it possible?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Malgus dying- is it possible?

Sir_LogiC
05.06.2012 , 12:04 AM | #1
So as anyone who played a Sith should know, Sith politics is really nasty. At the moment Darth Malgus and Grand Master Satele are held up as the face of their respective factions. However it seems entirely possible, likely even, that someone will try to off Malgus for their own personal gain in the Sith heirachy. He is after all the one telling everyone what to do all the time, a very nice position of power there.

I think such a change in leadership would be awesome and would truly reflect the Sith culture, as well as help make the world seem a little less static. So the question in the title is not whether he can be killed, it is certain there is probably a Darth lord or two that wants to kill him. The question is- do Bioware have too much invested in Darth Malgus as the Empire figurehead to ever kill him off, even if the lore makes it likely?

Jenzali
05.06.2012 , 12:09 AM | #2
I think he was killed off in a flashpoint already.

TheNevet
05.06.2012 , 12:09 AM | #3
are you really asking me to tell you spoilers? this thread should be closed

ACLucius
05.06.2012 , 01:02 AM | #4
I'm not going to bother with it, you have just opened the door.

[SPOILER ALERT]

Malgus is killed at the end of the False Emperor flash point. He will not be offed because of Sith politics. He is already dead.
"So far, this game quacks like a duck, swims like a duck, has feathers like a duck but we're told it has a pair of antlers that we have yet to be shown. By all logic, its more likely a duck with a funny hat than a deer." -Omega

Velaran
05.06.2012 , 01:14 AM | #5
To be fair, there's a pretty big chance he's going to come back.

We did just knock him off a bridge after all.

Sir_LogiC
05.06.2012 , 02:55 AM | #6
oh well no I don't care for spoilers really. Har awesome.

TalkingDinosaur
05.06.2012 , 02:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Velaran View Post
To be fair, there's a pretty big chance he's going to come back.

We did just knock him off a bridge after all.
You throw him down an bottomless pit that leads to SWG for all anyone knows. And the station explodes too so yeah I highly doubt he's going to come back.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Eternalnight
05.06.2012 , 02:58 AM | #8
False emperor was merely a setback!!!

Eternalnight
05.06.2012 , 03:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
You throw him down an bottomless pit that leads to SWG for all anyone knows. And the station explodes too so yeah I highly doubt he's going to come back.
Well I can say with absolute 100% certainty, that he is coming back.

Not only was his death very similar to Emperor's death in Return of Jedi, who as we all know, was brought back in the EU material many times over (as was Darth Maul who also "died" while falling to a bottomless pit was was brought back), which means if this game follows any trends of Star Wars stories, he is sure to come back, but also since this is so much of a WoW clone, I would not be surprised of any "merely a setback" stuff happening.

randalthorr
05.06.2012 , 03:46 AM | #10
I for one want him and revan back. make revan a boss both imperials and republic can raid together. wow awesome
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia