Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Thanaton is horrible as a big villain

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Thanaton is horrible as a big villain

Darth_Solrac's Avatar


Darth_Solrac
05.08.2012 , 12:48 PM | #11
Yea I thought he was Darth Doucheus indeed. He was a cheating, whining, coward. In awesome fashion, the Dark Council saw this, & sided with our SI. Epic cut scene.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

SWFTW's Avatar


SWFTW
05.08.2012 , 04:27 PM | #12
Pretty good villain if you ask me.

He hates you because:

a) You're a slave.
b) He wants to kill all of Zash's followers.

You hate him because:

a) He's trying to kill you.
b) He's a hypocrite.
--Acolytes of Korriban--
--PvE/PvP/RP--

SWFTW's Avatar


SWFTW
05.08.2012 , 04:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
I don't know were people are getting the idea that there is 1 right way to play the story being light, dark or neutral each alignment is valid, one alignment is not more valid than the other. To me the SI makes more sense as DS see what I did there? Its an opinion.

Lets get rid of this notion that a class fits as this so called alignment.
This too.

I played very heavily DS, but if made perfect since to me. There are choices for a reason. Saying one is right and the other is wrong defeats the purpose.
--Acolytes of Korriban--
--PvE/PvP/RP--

sethroque's Avatar


sethroque
05.08.2012 , 06:14 PM | #14
Anyone else not able to see spoilers? I can't find the option to enable it anymore...

Karkais's Avatar


Karkais
05.09.2012 , 05:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by sethroque View Post
Anyone else not able to see spoilers? I can't find the option to enable it anymore...
This entire forum is spoiler... Besides only you are at fault since the option is still there.

I cant even be arsed to complain about Thanaton anymore. People can think what they will. For me he is still the weakest/most illogical villain I have seen in this game. (2 50s and one at 44)
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
05.09.2012 , 10:51 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SWFTW View Post
Pretty good villain if you ask me.

He hates you because:

a) You're a slave.
b) He wants to kill all of Zash's followers.

You hate him because:

a) He's trying to kill you.
b) He's a hypocrite.
He also rose from a slave.

GratuaCuun's Avatar


GratuaCuun
05.10.2012 , 02:05 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
He also rose from a slave.
Yeah, and THAT is why he's a hypocrite - and why he knows how dangerous you are
Opinions are like String
Every Yo-Yo has one

Know that this game is not now (nor will it ever be) SWG. Suck it up

SWFTW's Avatar


SWFTW
05.14.2012 , 06:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GratuaCuun View Post
Yeah, and THAT is why he's a hypocrite - and why he knows how dangerous you are
This.
--Acolytes of Korriban--
--PvE/PvP/RP--

AlyxDinas's Avatar


AlyxDinas
05.16.2012 , 12:13 PM | #19
Thanaton's interesting explicitly because he's hypocritical. His appeals to tradition are largely empty. His true motivation is fear. Within, what, mere months of becoming an apprentice, the Sith Inquisitor has worked up the food chain to kill both Skotia and Zash? That's not just meteoric, it also places him next in the food chain. "Tradition" simply is the ideal he appeals to in order to justify his rather public display of fear.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

dazednconfuzed's Avatar


dazednconfuzed
05.18.2012 , 03:49 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
I don't know were people are getting the idea that there is 1 right way to play the story being light, dark or neutral each alignment is valid, one alignment is not more valid than the other. To me the SI makes more sense as DS see what I did there? Its an opinion.

Lets get rid of this notion that a class fits as this so called alignment.
But, when the actual canon version of TOR's stories are announced, then the story will clearly be one specific alignment. All people are doing are discussing which they feel suits the story better. Yes, it's opinion, but why should that mean we have to stop talking about it. You have your opinion, they have theirs. Neither is ebtter than the other, and discussing both points of view could lead to interesting conversation.

Or, are you really trying to say that they didn't come out and say 'Well, KotOR's story canon is, Revan was male, and light side' because, as you say, it is up to the player to decide?

On topic... I quite liked Thanaton, although I do agree that he wasn't a great class-story major villain. I can understand how the story unfolds, and how he feels you are a threat to the stability of the Empire. Former slave, risen to challenge the most powerful Sith alive,
Spoiler
To any traditionalist factionin the Empire, that is going to be considered a threat. He just doesn't seem to come across as strong enough to challenge the player.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.