Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

UW missions only showing companion gifts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
UW missions only showing companion gifts

Esproc
06.16.2012 , 10:29 PM | #11
Well I am beginning to think that the dev dept in charge of crafting crew skills and missions plays on another system that doesn't have the issues of the actual in game missions.

If they played and crafted like anyone else, and followed the lead of making alts as intended, then maybe they would change the tune they croak.

Try the real deal BW dev dept and see if it "is working as intended" in the true meaning of actually working as intended, to be able to actually craft something for a character before it is too out of date to be viable and or worth the bull of putting up with a broke down system.
In this Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice!

Heyuu
06.17.2012 , 08:51 AM | #12
I have just a few day left on my game time and not planning on renew it due to turning in tickets on this problem. And getting the reply (We will investagate!) then they close the ticket. Poor way to run a game!!

Chanez
06.17.2012 , 09:58 AM | #13
i have the opposite problem, never enough companion gifts! i just want to max affection than worry about this crafting stuff.

ThroneOfOP
06.17.2012 , 12:03 PM | #14
Having that problem now. Trying to get enough Mandalorian Ore for crafting.
Logging in and out.. was a work around for me but.. its getting irritating when you have to do that 10 times an hour.

LarryRow
06.18.2012 , 06:51 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Chanez View Post
i have the opposite problem, never enough companion gifts! i just want to max affection than worry about this crafting stuff.
Can i have your extra mats?

Seriously, though, this is annoying. It wasn't so bad when I was doing a lot of dailies to get my character geared via daily commendations. In those days I had plenty of cash, and I could buy the UT missions. I'd send Doc, who has the efficiency bonus, and get some nice returns.

Now I'm just doing missions and it's maybe 1 chance in 3 to find a grade 6 metals mission (!)

Hexasoul
06.18.2012 , 07:59 AM | #16
Fleet <=> Ship, for me it's the quickest way to refresh the mission list. I wish UWT had lock box missions where I might get schematics or useable items, instead of dozens of useless companion missions. Any time I'd take gift missions I'd end up with gifts none of my companions wanted.

I wish they'd rework some companions who only "like" a couple categories of gifts to actually "love" something most of the companions are currently "indifferent" to. Or just do away with "indifferent" and change the system to Love>Favorite>Like so people aren't tempted to discard so many types of gifts. That wouldn't help players with max affection with all companions who want to exclude gift missions.
Frozen, did become my nose, whilst I, wrote this prose.

Owdpub
06.18.2012 , 09:28 AM | #17
Not sure if this makes a difference or if it's just wishful thinking. I'll often take up 2 of the compan missions, then relog/board ship. Leaves a bit more room in mission list for the better ones to pop up.
Like I say, probably justwishful thinking but i like to think it might make a difference.

GnatB
06.18.2012 , 12:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Heyuu View Post
I have just a few day left on my game time and not planning on renew it due to turning in tickets on this problem. And getting the reply (We will investagate!) then they close the ticket. Poor way to run a game!!
To be fair, it was stated elsewhere in a developer interview, but "closed" doesn't mean the developers are done with/ignoring an issues, "Closed" only means customer support is done with the issue. (Which usually means they've forwarded it on to the actual developers, and it's no longer an issue being dealt with by costumer support. Though it's still true the developers may or may not ignore the issue now that it's on their plate)

Admittedly, perhaps there should be a better "customer facing" term for this status. Perhaps "forwarded to development?"
(Personally, I'd be inclined to argue when you submit an issue as a bug, it should just skip customer support entirely and there really *is* no need for a status)