Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

UW missions only showing companion gifts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
UW missions only showing companion gifts

lightSaberAddiCt
05.05.2012 , 04:48 PM | #1
It is pretty crazy, all the UW missions for all the levels are just showing companion gifts. I mean how is anyone suppose to craft or collect metals, when 99% of all the missions are companion gifts. As it is right now, this crew skill is pretty worthless.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Esproc
05.05.2012 , 07:50 PM | #2
Have been having this problem for months.
Crafting Skills:
Armormech
Cybertech
Synthweaving
Amount of schematics that craft with Companion Gifts ... = ... 0
This is also a problem with Treasure Hunting and even Diplomacy, although with those you also get lockboxes (TH) and syringes/med packs/ etc... for (BC)

I have sent them (BW) screenshots with 4 or all 5 spots Companion Gifts on missions, and comparable shots for Diplomacy and Treasure Hunting.
In this Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice!

lightSaberAddiCt
05.05.2012 , 08:56 PM | #3
yeah and even if complete a full page of companion gift missions, in the next page it is right back to companion gifts, if you are lucky there may be a luxury fabrics.

Something is definately off.

Amien
05.05.2012 , 09:00 PM | #4
I believe the missions wil reset and change by logging out, entering then leaving your ship, and entering a WZ (not 100% sure about this one, but I do the other two all the time. )
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
New Thread:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=297

lightSaberAddiCt
05.05.2012 , 09:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Amien View Post
I believe the missions wil reset and change by logging out, entering then leaving your ship, and entering a WZ (not 100% sure about this one, but I do the other two all the time. )
Nope tried it a number of times, sure it loads different name missions, but yet again they are all companion gifts. I have been checking this for about 4 days now.

Akella
05.05.2012 , 09:55 PM | #6
Maybe try running 1 lvl 1 mission. When it gets back it resets the whole list sometimes. I get frustrated too when all I get are companion missions, but usually relogging, zoning in/out of ship shuffles them up. Granted, I have to relog or rezone multiple times sometimes and it usually fixes it. As a last resort running a lvl 1 mission fixes it too. I've never had it not shuffle in some metals or fabrics before eventually tho. If nothing works, maybe it's bugged.
Never argue with a fool, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

kaboro
05.05.2012 , 11:13 PM | #7
This has become a very serious problem for me after 1.2
I have three alts with underworld trading at 300+
All of them have no underworld metals missions on their lists, and that happens day after day after day, on all tiers. Even if i try to harvest underworld metals 30 lvls below what i need, i still cant do it cuz theres none on my lists.
Its definitely bugged, wonder if they working on a fix.

lightSaberAddiCt
05.06.2012 , 01:01 AM | #8
Yeah I have cybertech on my main, and UW on both that toon, and my other toon (both of them at 400) since I am grinding out purple earplants as well as lower level purple armor mods, I generally use all the levels of metals. I have never gone as far down as level 1, but I will give it a try.

Maybe they are doing this as a credit sink, making players have to spends thousands before getting metal missions, I have no idea. But since you mentioned it, it has gotten alot worse since 1.2...

Dantharghan
05.06.2012 , 02:24 AM | #9
Logging to char select and back it never takes me more than 3 minutes to have 4-5 companions doing grade 6 metal missions. Works fine for me.

Umrattawil
05.06.2012 , 10:16 AM | #10
Take a look at UWT mission distributions in 1.2 for more information. It is not uncommon to see a lot of gift missions. Just count yourself lucky that Bioware didn't decide to completely remove missions based on flavor text like they did for Diplomacy.