Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to uninstall SWTOR

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Shawshankred
05.05.2012 , 01:45 PM | #1
I have decided to stop playing SWTOR for the immediate future. I go into control panel-uninstall a program but its not there. Every other game I play is, even free ones I have downloaded. I found the folder the file is located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - I can run the game and enter it fine. I have gone through every folder there and can not seem to find an uninstall file. I also checked C:\Users\*mynamehere*\AppData\Local for a possible installation file with no luck. So my question is simple... how do I uninstall this? Should I just delete all the files and run ccleaner to wipe all the stuff I miss?

Thanks for any help on this.

Nywac
05.05.2012 , 01:49 PM | #2
No idea my uninstall is in my control panel just looked at it its definitely there.

Smaois
05.05.2012 , 01:51 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Shawshankred,

Please double check in the Uninstall or change a program window.To access this, click on Start and then Control Panel and select 'Uninstall a program' which is under 'Programs'.

The game should be listed there as Star Wars:The Old Republic.

If you require any further assistance, please post here.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Shawshankred
05.05.2012 , 01:54 PM | #4
It is not there period. This is how Win7 64 ultimate lists it. Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features Every program on my computer is there except swtor. I looked under EA Bioware and starwars etc. It is simply not there.

Smaois
05.05.2012 , 02:07 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Shawshankred,

Do you have the game installed to an external hard drive or to your C: drive?

Shawshankred
05.05.2012 , 02:11 PM | #6
I am not sure if you are messing with me or not. In my very first post I stated where it was located. Yes, c drive. Same drive windows 7 is. I have ALL of my programs on the same drive as windows 7 so they load the fastest. All of my media on other drives for storage.

Smaois
05.05.2012 , 02:17 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Shawshankred,

Sorry about that, I misread your original post.

I am not sure why the program does not appear as available for you to uninstall. If you try re-running the setup file, this may resolve this error and the program should be added to the list and available for you to uninstall.

Please go to www.swtor.com/download and download the setup file again and run it.This will reinstall the Launcher, it will not download the game content again.

Should you require any further assistance, please post here.

lordofdamornin
05.05.2012 , 02:20 PM | #8
It's there for me;

Windows 7, Control Panel, click the link that says Uninstall a Program.

Also, the Uninstaller is in the game folder, right where it should be;

Windows button, EA>Bioware>Star Wars - The Old Republic.

Not sure why yours isn't, but if you used the default installation path, it's there.

Rit

Shawshankred
05.05.2012 , 08:19 PM | #9
Sorry been gone to a birthday party for my niece all day. Running the setup file worked. The uninstall exe which was not present in the program files folder OR the control panel folder now are. It might be because I used the beta client and just kept it and upgraded the files on launch day. Never had a problem with it running. Anyways, thanks. Uninstalled successfully.

intstamsa
06.18.2015 , 09:24 PM | #10
I have the exact opposite problem. I patched the game at one point and in the middle of it i quit because i bought new pc. Then i uninstalled the game. Seemed all fine but in the programs list SWTOR still appears, when i try to unistall there it says SWTOR is not found on computer. So how do i remove it from the programs list?