Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Finding a FP group is near impossible.

tkinnunzero
05.07.2012 , 01:38 AM | #21
Guilds are a bandaid fix at best and apparently Bioware agrees because they are making their existing LFG tool cross-server in patch 1.3.

Paokzu
05.07.2012 , 02:28 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Mezla View Post
Server population doesn't really matter. Even on new Oceanic servers that are full and have 200+ on fleet it is really hard to find a group. People just don't want to run HM FPs. Even normal FPs take way too long to form, considering the server pop.
One of the biggest problems with FP that they are complete waste of time. Effort to reward ratio is nowhere near reasonable.
Server population does matter, however this is a very good point also. If you have a moddable gear set (which most do by the time they're 50) and have all purple max level modifications in them, Tionese gear is barely an upgrade. I would suggest making Tionese gear like the recruit PvP gear and buyable for the fresh 50's, and have a vendor that can convert a fair amount of Tionese crystals or commendations for Columi ones. PvE players are really screwed once their dailies are done and dont feel like begging for or trying to make FP groups that they know from hours of experience will get them nowhere.
"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die."
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understa...ario-brothers/

AidanLightwalker
05.07.2012 , 05:46 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Paokzu View Post
Server population does matter, however this is a very good point also. If you have a moddable gear set (which most do by the time they're 50) and have all purple max level modifications in them, Tionese gear is barely an upgrade. I would suggest making Tionese gear like the recruit PvP gear and buyable for the fresh 50's, and have a vendor that can convert a fair amount of Tionese crystals or commendations for Columi ones. PvE players are really screwed once their dailies are done and dont feel like begging for or trying to make FP groups that they know from hours of experience will get them nowhere.
I think some of the daily gear is what killed the orginal end game crafting. Why buy a lvl 49 purple hilt or any main weapon mod from a crafter when 8 daily comms will get you a little better one??
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

Trineda
05.08.2012 , 04:59 PM | #24

Hello there,

We thought you might be interested in the new STAR WARS: The Old Republic Official Podcast - Episode 1 - "Rocket Boots" that was released today. Damion Schubert and Daniel Erickson talk about the 'Group-finder' feature planned for patch 1.3.

'Group-finder' Feature planned for 1.3

A glimpse of how it will function

Have a great day!

Farmbuyer
05.08.2012 , 09:35 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Mayams View Post
I'm a tank who doesn't know the fights so obviously I need someone to tell me what to expect. People don't even want to go that far a lot of times. "Hey guys, never done this FP before", *so-and-so leaves group*. If we're lucky we can at least get the whole group to participate until we wipe once, if that occurs it's a garuantee we're done.
Ditto. My tank hasn't been to a single FP since Maelstrom Prison in the 30's. As soon as they find out that they're going to have some responsibility beyond facerolling, they whinge about "noobs" and bail. (And then come to these forums complaining they can't find a tank.)

Ditto if they discover that the tank might actually need gear from the same places they do. Shocking, I know.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sinaed View Post
I'm pretty sure we have these things called guilds
/facepalm

I'm pretty sure that most guilds aren't big enough to guarantee a complete and viable group is online anytime of day that you might happen to want to run a FP.

They certainly aren't on my desolate realm, anyhow.

Paokzu
05.10.2012 , 02:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
I think some of the daily gear is what killed the orginal end game crafting. Why buy a lvl 49 purple hilt or any main weapon mod from a crafter when 8 daily comms will get you a little better one??
Personally I think crafters should be able to make the 23s, so I agree with you there. But us crafters kinda lose when it comes to usefulness across the board once we're 50. The only skill I use on any of my characters anymore is biochem. The rest are pointless. But I dont think the Commendation Modifications are the killer there. People just don't try to make the stuff. (at least not that I've seen on my server. ) On the GTN I very rarely see lvl 49, 50 purple modifications, especially hilts and barrels and have never seen any gear of that caliber.
"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die."
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understa...ario-brothers/