Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Finding a FP group is near impossible.

Caffeinetank
05.05.2012 , 07:16 AM | #1
I play on Veela which is a medium-populated server. However, I have noticed as of two months ago that finding a group to do any FP (lowbie or HM) at any time (morning to peak times) has become pretty much impossible, especially from Pugging. My guild is in the higher-level ops and many of them just don't log on during the day. Those that do are normally pvping.

I'm more of a pve geared player, and have been both the leader as well as a joiner in pugs. Either the leader will get frustrated and call it, or people will start leaving after it's evident we will not find a healer (in most cases, since I'm a tank). Lately, it seems even some dps don't want to join a group!

I'm convinced we need server mergers and a cross-server LFG system. I have no idea how Veela is considered a medium-pop server when there are less than 150 people in fleet during peak times (oh, and my side has a roughly 2:1 ratio over the other side).

Something really needs to done, because what good is a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online game if you're stuck doing solo daily quests?

P.S. I hoped this game would be a WoW-killer, I really did (we know now it won't), but recently, I resubscribed to WoW because I can go in there, find a group in a minute or less with their tool, get a goodie bag for tanking, and complete the instance in less than 40 minutes.

RougeBeaver
05.05.2012 , 07:24 AM | #2
I'm in the same boat as thee. Although it's the tank I have trouble finding...since I'm frequently in a healing position. I would normally ask guild mates...but all my guilds so far have ended up quitting the game.

Trying to isolate the problem, there could be any number of reasons why it's difficult to find a tank or a healer. Most ppl prefer dps builds for the sake of pvp. Now, if we had dual spec, a kind Jugg dps could see someone needs help with a flashpoint and quickly swap to his tank build to join them. Maybe this can happen once upon a star in another year or so...with almost all my friends having quit tho, I doubt I'd be willing to wait around that long and afford the game at the same time. -.-

TERA only just launched and it already has a cross-server LFG system for dungeon raids. One that properly takes group composition into account and always inserts both a tank and a healer into a group...If only BW's PVP queue would work that well so we wouldn't have gotten those old 5-sorc teams. PFTPFPT.
The only true profit in this galaxy is freedom.

Deadlyknights
05.05.2012 , 07:25 AM | #3
Yeah...re-rolled from a couple servers and ended up on Jedi Cov...always Heavy/Very Heavy and PvE East....sucks to 'lose' level 50...but ah well.

Dev's said transfers are coming in the summer...so I fig it goes....Free Transfers from Low to Med/High pops....then Paid Transfers and some select free transfers....and after a month of this , then server merges...
Knightfyre 47 Sith Jugg - Grand Master Zym
Skyefyre 26 Mercenary - Grand Master Zym

DarthGygax
05.05.2012 , 01:17 PM | #4
I have to agree with this, I'm on Mask of Nihlius and i sat on the fleet a few weeks ago for days looking & asking to do Cademimu or Mando Raiders with my Marauder & the only response i got was one person whispering me to forget low level FP's & get to 50 & just do hardmodes, I mean is that it, This is the great community that people say will be ruined by introducing a cross server LFG system, Pretty much you have 2 choices, Either sit around on the fleet like i did & hope something comes of it (meanwhile your not leveling your toon or making money) or go level your toon on some planet & miss out on the FP content, I happen to like the FP's in this game & i think it's a shame that this content has basically become meaningless to most players.

Lance_Dunsten
05.05.2012 , 01:56 PM | #5
Was trying to form runs recently, with 8 in the fleet it become a very difficult task. A cross server group finder would be great.

AidanLightwalker
05.05.2012 , 03:29 PM | #6
I know the system right now isn't perfect but its far from pointless.

First off: most people complain about not having a flashpoint finder but we do have the lfd section under the who. Which btw, nobody uses!! If you want to group, start setting your comments!! Its as simple as dps lf hm or whatever.

Second: if you are pugging on fleet and nobody is answering you, again, pull up the whos menu and look through the people who are on. Send out some /tells to classes you know you need for a flashpoint ie most vangaurds are tanks, and ask them if they want to run. I have tons of luck doi.g this and manage to pug groups all the time, with less than 80 people on fleet at that.

Third: stop leaving groups!! This isn't wow and effort goes into creating groups. Stop leaving if the group wipes once. Give new people a chance to learn the flashpoints so you have more people to run with.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

AidanLightwalker
05.05.2012 , 03:31 PM | #7
I remember playing wow before a dungeon finder was created, this is no diffrent. Roll upyour sleves and put a group together. Be proactive. It helps a ton!
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

Wallsie
05.05.2012 , 04:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
I remember playing wow before a dungeon finder was created, this is no diffrent. Roll upyour sleves and put a group together. Be proactive. It helps a ton!
It's impossible to put a group together when you only have 5-8 people on your fleet and 30 across the entire server. Just because you were willing to re-roll on a high pop server or got lucky enough to start on one doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat. I have 2 50s, a 45, a 40, a 26 and a 21 currently and re-rolling is not an option. Due to the low population issues, I've had to take most crafting professions because I can't buy stuff on the GTN. I'll wait for my free transfers and if I don't get them for all my characters I'm a ghost.

krinaman
05.05.2012 , 04:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
Second: if you are pugging on fleet and nobody is answering you, again, pull up the whos menu and look through the people who are on. Send out some /tells to classes you know you need for a flashpoint ie most vangaurds are tanks, and ask them if they want to run. I have tons of luck doi.g this and manage to pug groups all the time, with less than 80 people on fleet at that.
Sending tells asking for runs is a sure fire way to get onto everyone's ignore list.

DeathDiciple
05.05.2012 , 05:03 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
Sending tells asking for runs is a sure fire way to get onto everyone's ignore list.
Not really, most you can get is negative response. Some people just turn off general due to amount of trash in it - if im not looking for something, I just turn on guild chat and leave it that way. Does not mean I won't jump into a hm or 2 if I'm not doing anything useful - just watching all the epeen contests and nonsense in general doesnt sound appealing.

However I agree with some of the above posters, non-HM FPs are a waste if you don't just jump in with friends/guildies and no downtime. Its nice first time for the sake of first time but otherwise, I'd prob rather end up grinding mobs than sit and wait for FP group to form. It's the same in every game really.