Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Clone Trooper armor

futureshocker
05.04.2012 , 08:33 PM | #1
When will you be able to unlock real clone trooper armor?

MishraArtificer
05.05.2012 , 01:45 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by futureshocker View Post
When will you be able to unlock real clone trooper armor?
Hopefully never.

Let me explain that one.

Having Clone Trooper Armor show up in Galaxies at least made some sense: the game was set before and DURING the Original Trilogy, therefore Clone Trooper Armor would still be reasonably easy to find, if only on the black markets.

To have legit Clone Trooper Armor pop up in-game over 3000 years before Dooku wiped Kamino off the Galaxy Map would be a complete break with the timeline and story...unless we somehow get time travel into Star Wars, which would suck beyond anything, short of Meet the Spartans.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

KtheN
05.05.2012 , 04:17 PM | #3
If by "clone trooper" armor you mean the kind of armor that all your squadmates in Havoc Squad and all the Republic Troopers are wearing at Fort Garnik, then you get most of it on Taris, and the chest piece on Nar Shadaa. That's what happened with me at least. You can buy a helmet for lots of credits on Taris too.

Eventually it looks like this.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...0-25-05-15.jpg
"Star Wars crap is the best crap of all"

-me

erei
05.05.2012 , 05:47 PM | #4
You can have a nice one (torso+leg) during mandalorian raider. Full white.

futureshocker
05.05.2012 , 08:16 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
Hopefully never.

Let me explain that one.

Having Clone Trooper Armor show up in Galaxies at least made some sense: the game was set before and DURING the Original Trilogy, therefore Clone Trooper Armor would still be reasonably easy to find, if only on the black markets.

To have legit Clone Trooper Armor pop up in-game over 3000 years before Dooku wiped Kamino off the Galaxy Map would be a complete break with the timeline and story...unless we somehow get time travel into Star Wars, which would suck beyond anything, short of Meet the Spartans.
I meant like what havok squad has.

Spartanik
05.05.2012 , 09:58 PM | #6
Lol so the armor that is currently in game isnt similar enough to the clone and storm troopers?
there is no need to have a clone trooper armor since is basicaly already in game. Not the same but very similar.
Have you seen the lvl 40 pvp armor, on the pvp vendor for instance?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

MishraArtificer
05.06.2012 , 07:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by futureshocker View Post
I meant like what havok squad has.
OH.

I that case, it starts getting like that with the RD-13A set. You can pick up pieces of it starting on Taris, from the Commendations Vendor.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

KtheN
05.06.2012 , 07:58 PM | #8
Well I don't know, the Outcast armor set looks trooper-ish enough. Kind of annoying how you only get the chest piece until you're on Nar Shadaa though.
"Star Wars crap is the best crap of all"

-me

ZeroPlus
05.07.2012 , 05:13 AM | #9
The Transparisteel Onslaught armor is very "clone trooperish". You get it from Tatooine.

The moddable parts are obtained as follows:
[Heroic 2+] Pirate Bullies = Legs
[Heroic 2+] The Long Goodbye = Chest
[Heroic 4] Search and Rescue = Head
The Thing Czerka Found (not repeatable) = Gloves

The Boots, Bracers and Belt that you pick up from other quests are not moddable.

I liked the look so much that I equiped all of my Havoc squad in it.

Since the gloves are unique, I ended up getting a pair of RD-14A Scout Gauntlets for all of my companions. They are random drops from Tatooine and you can normally pick them up for a decent price from the GTN. They are identical to the Transparisteel Onslaught Gauntlets with the exception of having a yellow "stripe" instead of a black stripe. It actually looks cool: I have the black stripe and my subordinates the yellow .

For the boots, I bought the Rampage Assault Boots from the Commendation Vendor on Alderaan (for me and my companions... what a grind ). They are Jedi boots so I needed to remod them with Aim, but it was well worth it. The color scheme goes perfectly with the Transparisteel Onslaught set and they look great.

The set is easy to acquire and, depending on your level, easily soloable. Go check it out.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Weztic
05.07.2012 , 11:48 PM | #10
Actually, the trooper war hero set looks alot like clone armor. Well, I think the helmet does more than any other helmet. And I think its a pretty cool looking piece of gear.

http://www.trippintheforce.com/wp-co...-Hero-Gear.jpg