Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problems of 1.2 crafting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Problems of 1.2 crafting.

llyy
05.04.2012 , 07:51 PM | #1
With the deployment of 1.2, i feel both as a raider and a crafter that developers didn't think through the changes in 1.2.

1) What's the point of design new gear set models when raiders don't even use them.

All of the good raiders use crit crafted orange gear and rip the mods out of campaign/black hole gear for the extra augment slot to boost stats. so I got like 6 or 7 empty campaign/black hole gears in my bags. i want to look cool but i can't since it's better to use orange gear.

It's not only a pain for players but also it costs a ton of credits. Also, some of the mod slots aren't using good stat distributions. so i have to get more gear just to ripe 1 slot out of it to make my gear. (ie. the mod in sorc campaign legs is 41 end / 68 wp / 12 power is not as good as the mod with 32 end / 53 wp / 41 power.)

2) The material cost to craft empty boe campaign gear is ridiculous. Also, the low chance on reverse engineering to learn new schematics, then trying to crit craft them is absurd. It's almost impossible to get full best in slots with this drop rate on crafting material and rng on the crit craft.

It cost 2 purple 4-6 blue grade 8 crafting mats just to make 1 piece of empty campaign main slot (ie helm, chest, legs, gloves, boots). With the current drop rates on these crafting mats, we can barely craft 2-3 piece per week. not to mention, it's better to craft implants / earpieces / relics, than empty main slots / belt / bracers. Because main pieces / belt / bracers aren't even an upgrade over the Rakata / orange gear that you can make with much less mats.

3) Inconsistent material cost and craft time across orange gear sets of various level.

Grade 1 orange sets can be crafted at a much lower cost and much faster rate than the higher grade ones. The only difference is that the sets looks different. But essentially they're the same in terms that the stats comes from the mods that you put in them.

In conclusion, i think it's better to take the rng out of campaign / black hold gear craft. I suggest you can make the material cost higher but guarantees an augments slot. Or implement something like the belt buckle in wow that just adds a slot to the gear.

With the current crafting situation, it would take 6 month before we can even start trying to crit craft campaign main sets for our raid.

I really want to wear the new gear sets, and i hope the developers makes some changes so i can.
Llyy of The Remnant on Vornskr
Armory

DarthDemens
05.04.2012 , 10:28 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by llyy View Post
Or implement something like the belt buckle in wow that just adds a slot to the gear.
This, at least, they confirmed was coming in last weeks Q&A. And today's mentioned the "augment tables" being used to make Social gear as good as the best raid gear. I'd say in 1.3 that all those Enhancement Stations that have been left useless since Beta will be getting an upgrade.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

Aphraell
05.05.2012 , 04:42 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDemens View Post
This, at least, they confirmed was coming in last weeks Q&A. And today's mentioned the "augment tables" being used to make Social gear as good as the best raid gear. I'd say in 1.3 that all those Enhancement Stations that have been left useless since Beta will be getting an upgrade.
"Augment tables"

Just fantastic news for being a Crafter.

/sarcasm

Sithhelmet
05.05.2012 , 04:57 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aphraell View Post
"Augment tables"

Just fantastic news for being a Crafter.

/sarcasm
Figured as such. So to fix the problem of having too many orange shells that are as worthless as they are butt ugly, they're going to take the crit crafting away from us and make it a credit sink. This deal keeps getting worse and worse.

DarthDemens
05.05.2012 , 09:18 AM | #5
They did say they were going to try and do it in a way that didn't hurt crafters, but I don't really see how this could not hurt crafters.

I'd guess the idea would be that a orange+table would be more expensive than a critted orange. Of course, with the severe limit on styles for synth/armor, I'm expecting that most people will be farming FPs or Heroics and then adding augments instead.

On one hand, I'm excited about keeping my Supreme Inquisitors Robe and adding an augment slot. On the other hand, armormech and synthweaving just went from being awesome to being worthless.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

llyy
05.05.2012 , 03:09 PM | #6
Then i can go pick up biochem again.

doesn't matter. it'll just go back to the way crafting is in 1.1. Which is still better than the current crafting situation.

Crew skill should be about bringing an edge for your character, not just a money tree. ie. i should get a benefit for having synthweaving, some kind of stat bonus or perk to my class. not just making orange armor and selling them on the gtn.
Llyy of The Remnant on Vornskr
Armory