Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Quest missions hard to solo

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Class Quest missions hard to solo

Glower
08.19.2012 , 07:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithsong View Post
My DPS sniper has had a hard time soloing content with multiple elite class mobs.
Multiple? Elite?! You can not kill them one by one?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "Theyd love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

VulcanLogic
08.20.2012 , 01:49 AM | #12
Gear out Kaliyo. I solo all the daily heroics with her holding aggro will I blow stuff up. I can also easily kill any champ mob with up to 150k health.
Yo. Droid companions need an operations vendor, too. My extra coms have to go somewhere, and I'd prefer SCORPIO to Kaliyo.

MasterRequiem
09.04.2012 , 02:30 PM | #13
I do many class missions when I am under-levelled. I can only suggest that you try to improve your efficiency and get better at the game.
Hokey religions and glow-sticks are nothing compared to the power of beer and pie.

grallmate
09.06.2012 , 08:46 PM | #14
Why are people even bringing up tank leveling? Sniper is ONLY DPS.

As has been mentioned:
- Interrupt as much as possible. Remember that Cover pulse, stun and flash bang all interrupt too.
- Use your stun/flash bang to reduce enemy numbers for a while. Healer comp will also mezz an enemy for you.
- Use your heroic moment (after your burst and have blown adrenalin probe).
- Keep your companion's gear up to speed. Use healer or tank as your comfortable.
- If the elite is a melee, keep them off you with cover pulse, leg shot and ambush.
- If the mob uses stuns/knock backs then use entrench
- Make sure you have stims and medpacks. More importantly: use them.

Asavrede
09.12.2012 , 07:57 AM | #15
Another overlooked feature (at least if you're marksman) is the benefit of exiting and re-entering cover during a fight - this gives you a few absorb buffs and an instant snipe. You can do this at least a couple of times on particularly tough fights (every 8-10 secs or so should be good).

Svii
09.12.2012 , 08:49 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavrede View Post
Another overlooked feature (at least if you're marksman) is the benefit of exiting and re-entering cover during a fight - this gives you a few absorb buffs and an instant snipe. You can do this at least a couple of times on particularly tough fights (every 8-10 secs or so should be good).
This is how I tanked Karagga on Story Mode with my MM Sniper, that and excellent healers

gabigool
09.12.2012 , 03:24 PM | #17
Regardless of posts above, the difference in effectiveness from similarly geared Kaliyo and Dr. Lokin with respect to overall ease/speed of leveling is massive. IMO tough it out until you get the doctor and then nothing is even remotely difficult.

I had Kaliyo geared about as well or better than I had other tank companions and I felt like I was stopping after every fight to rest up because she took a beating. With the Dr. you don't even have to worry about doing anything but damage. I rarely even bother interrupting elites.

While people say the Dr. is less effective a healer compared to other healer companions, IMO it doesn't matter as you kill stuff so much faster than other classes it's a wash, if not a swing in the other direction.

Also, gearing up the doctor is ridiculously simple. If I get an upgrade he takes my old piece.

Swuulerian
09.19.2012 , 02:35 AM | #18
Coming back to the game I (of course) rolled a new marksman sniper (the old one still exists somewhere, but as I had been gone for months (and the old guild I was in is long gone) I decided I'll roll a new one to re-learn the ropes, and then I sort of got stuck with it; besidesI like the attitude of people on The Progenitor, even towards un-guilded people like me ).

Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
As has been mentioned:
- Interrupt as much as possible. Remember that Cover pulse, stun and flash bang all interrupt too.
- Use your stun/flash bang to reduce enemy numbers for a while. Healer comp will also mezz an enemy for you.
- Use your heroic moment (after your burst and have blown adrenalin probe).
- Keep your companion's gear up to speed. Use healer or tank as your comfortable.
- If the elite is a melee, keep them off you with cover pulse, leg shot and ambush.
- If the mob uses stuns/knock backs then use entrench
- Make sure you have stims and medpacks. More importantly: use them.
In addition if you are a Marksman, leave and enter cover every 6-8 seconds (I don't have a timer, but I know how to count to four, aka four global cooldowns) when you are focused on by lots of enemies. The auto-absorbs for going into cover increase survivability by lots.

Personally I use Kaliyo always. Lokin isn't suitable for my style, it seems, even though I have had him with up to date gear (easy to do that these days (compared to when I was playing my previous sniper in December/January), social gear and cyber, with commendations used for the enhancements). In chaff fights Kaliyio is excellent in the AoE situations (just AoE stuff fown), and in tough fights I use Kaliyo as a CC of sorts. Ie. tag her on one nasty mob while I take care of the rest, she will do fine until I can deal with the mob she is concentrating on. With all the CC's and interrupts the sniper has at use (plus the concussion grenades from cyber) and pumping in and out of cover makes a humongous difference. Stuff die fast and it is quite hard for mobs to actually hurt. Just use the correct CC on correct targets; ie Legshoot the melee mob, Flashbang (and/or use concussion grenades if you are a cyber) at the ranged mobs, etc.

So far I've completed Chapter 1 at level 29 and Chapter 2 at level 36.

Etagnirps
09.27.2012 , 10:37 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by HumanSheild View Post
dude lokin makes my spiper act like a tank. I take on elites with strongs and stanards in groups with little problems. Game is hard for the op.
OP is stuck on the taris questline, so doesnt have lokin yet...

I am using vector for most quests at the moment, used him for the quests on taris and had no real problems
Etagnirps & Inoue Hyuuga
Ex EU-Chimeara SWG

cocotazon
03.06.2013 , 02:36 AM | #20
hello:
what class are u? trooper, ..??? im a trooper commando. I am doing class quests along with regular quests. From my first planet Ord Mantell I moved on to Coruscan on a regular quest and class quest which was higher level for me. Now I a m back in taris, level 22 still doing the class quests but with a char level lower than 20 is hard to make it thru. I would recommend to go Coruscan level up faster and back to taris with the robot companion 2.C2-N2 and smoke those class quests. I have not finished my class quests in taris, long quests, long conversations, pretty interesting and i will finished them to go back coruscan and finish my class quests over there.\
thanks
jose (overseas)