Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Quest missions hard to solo

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Class Quest missions hard to solo

Sithsong
05.04.2012 , 06:38 PM | #1
I have been wondering why the higher my level the tougher the class quest missions are to solo. My gear has kept up and there appears to be a sense of humor in some areas. The mobs in some class instanced areas appear to favor tank types. My DPS sniper has had a hard time soloing content with multiple elite class mobs. I am on Taris and the range tank companion has been dropping in her effectiveness. There are often times that I need a group to kill the mobs in my class story area. The off-world areas appear to no longer allow groups also. Are other people having the same issue?

Nicoae
05.04.2012 , 08:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Way to be helpful.

OP - try to be a few levels above the class quest if it's giving you trouble, do other quests, space missions, flashpoints etc. A few levels can make all the difference, along with the potential gear those levels give. You may, if you have one, want to switch to a healer companion as well, they can and do really help.

And what I think the previous poster was trying to point out, really should've put this post in help, general at a push.

HumanSheild
05.05.2012 , 02:40 AM | #4
if you are a tank spec,,,dont care the class.. played them all.. you should have no trouble. You just suck is all.

ive done my class quest oh hoth for a bounty hunter at lvl 36 when the quest calls you to be lvl 40. sure it was challenging but i got it done by myself. Dps can still do it. so can heals easy.

My rule number 1. if you run into a fight and lose, rethink your approach. Game isnt unbeatable and is actualy made to be solo able. Player needs to lear how.

chuixupu
05.05.2012 , 02:43 AM | #5
Not sure what you mean by "the off world areas don't allow groups". You can group for anything. You just have to be the first person to enter.

Can't say I had any issues myself...I solo'd all my class missions on my Sniper and Operative. It gets easier once you get Lokin and get him good gear. One of the key things about fighting the elite bosses is being aware of their mechanics and what abilities you have to counter them. Sometimes an all-out dps race isn't the right way to go about it, you may need to be stunning/interrupting as much as possible, timing your cooldowns, using CC...basically they help teach you play your class more effectively.

Also, keep your companions gear up too, not just yours. IMO Lokin all the way once you get him, not everyone agrees about that though.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

HumanSheild
05.05.2012 , 02:54 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Not sure what you mean by "the off world areas don't allow groups". You can group for anything. You just have to be the first person to enter.

Can't say I had any issues myself...I solo'd all my class missions on my Sniper and Operative. It gets easier once you get Lokin and get him good gear. One of the key things about fighting the elite bosses is being aware of their mechanics and what abilities you have to counter them. Sometimes an all-out dps race isn't the right way to go about it, you may need to be stunning/interrupting as much as possible, timing your cooldowns, using CC...basically they help teach you play your class more effectively.

Also, keep your companions gear up too, not just yours. IMO Lokin all the way once you get him, not everyone agrees about that though.
dude lokin makes my spiper act like a tank. I take on elites with strongs and stanards in groups with little problems. Game is hard for the op.

chuixupu
05.05.2012 , 12:53 PM | #7
Well, there's no need to be rude about it. Some people are new to games like this. I remember my first MMO experience and how horrible I was.... It's too bad I can't actually get in the game and watch what's going on and inspect gear/talents.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Grembler
08.09.2012 , 12:01 PM | #8
Think outside the box. Use all your tools ie stims, stuns, the right companions. Swap out companions - I always figure on the tough class quests 1 death to figure stratagy. Fought 1 mob with a killer AOE - so I spent the time running around him, another with a killer personal aoe - went to a ranged companion while I ran around stunning an interuppting. Out side the box - trained on SOB back into friendly mobs who did the killing for me. Bounced another off a bridge to his death. Use companion to keep elite busy, kill any support troops. If you die before the main mob but kill the support when you rez then you only fight the main guy - the support stays dead. Maybe a quick repec if what you have isnt working. I have 3 50's and thats how I soloed the class quests.

spond
08.09.2012 , 04:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by HumanSheild View Post
if you are a tank spec,,,dont care the class.. played them all.. you should have no trouble. You just suck is all.

ive done my class quest oh hoth for a bounty hunter at lvl 36 when the quest calls you to be lvl 40. sure it was challenging but i got it done by myself. Dps can still do it. so can heals easy.

My rule number 1. if you run into a fight and lose, rethink your approach. Game isnt unbeatable and is actualy made to be solo able. Player needs to lear how.
Well, I wouldn't go that far. If you're playing a Deception Assassin, you class quests can be tricky at times. You're final class quest is near impossible without help....... and Khem an worth a whole lot towards the end regardless of gear.

Now, OP, maybe you need to figure out rotation or just level up a little before you hit our planets. I know that the Sniper build can be difficult if you're not approaching it right. I'm going engineer heavy to help cover up some of the inherent weaknesses of the class but you won't be pushing out major DPS with that build. You will be a better group member.

EasyEffinD
08.10.2012 , 07:46 PM | #10
The single key that helped me past most of the bigtime bosses was proper interrupt management. Most of the time, if I wasn't doing well against a boss, it was because I wasn't managing my interrupts properly.

There are of course other reasons why you may be having problems, issues such as undergearing yourself or companion, not using your skill tree to full effectiveness, etc. But interrupts are key in being successful in the class quest bosses.