Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Elara Dorne Customization Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Elara Dorne Customization Issues

Insomnio
05.04.2012 , 05:11 PM | #1
I had already romanced Elara, talked about marriage and children and have had a relationship with her for some time. Then I reach the late game planet Belsavis and find a vendor that sells Dorne customization....

I imagine our in game life conversation "I love you and married you for the person you are honey, but would you put on some make up and a wig so I don't recognize the person ive come to know and love?"

I like the fact that you have the customization available, though since it applies to the second companion (and romancable) you partner with far earlier in the game, you should certainly be able to customize Elara far sooner in game.

NorrinRaddd
05.04.2012 , 05:17 PM | #2
You fell in love with your "digital" companion?

Hyfy
05.04.2012 , 05:17 PM | #3
Racial discrimination? Really?

This is why there can not be any open and honest discussions about these kinds of topics in real life. People either try to silence the other person or group if they don't agree with them 100% or they throw terms like this around so nonchalantly and egregiously that it loses any and all meaning.

Ugh /facepalm
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

monkgryphon
05.04.2012 , 05:19 PM | #4
If you have a ship, I'm pretty sure you can travel anywhere. So you could've picked up that customization earlier, had you known it was there.

On a side note... I don't know what Elara is doing with you, especially a miser like you. I just hope it was a fling, because I can't handle her constantly cheating on my Trooper.

TheBBP
05.04.2012 , 05:21 PM | #5
"You keep using that word. But, I do not think it means what you think it means."
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Hyfy
05.04.2012 , 05:22 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
"You keep using that word. But, I do not think it means what you think it means."
Inconceivable!
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

Insomnio
05.04.2012 , 07:35 PM | #7
I much prefer darker women. I did not know Jaxxo would return to the storyline later in the game, and at that point I was involved with Elara and so instead of going for the darkside hook up I stayed true to my relationship- even though I prefer darker women like Jaxxo.

Does it not make sense to have a character customization available when the character is introduced, rather than at the end of the storyline? Mako has customization options right when you start her companionship- why is Elara forced to be white until the end of story mode?

Jim_usmc
05.04.2012 , 07:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
Marry me

Kirameki
05.04.2012 , 07:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Insomnio View Post
Mako has customization options right when you start her companionship- why is Elara forced to be white until the end of story mode?

What you mean end of story mode ?

The moment you have a companion (so when it's not a guest anymore in your companion list) you can travel to multiple planets and get multiple companion looks.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/guides/swto...customization/

Here a guide for you. ^^
"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"
Referral linkfor you to get goodies and me my army of droids.
TwitterTumblr

Insomnio
05.04.2012 , 07:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirameki View Post
What you mean end of story mode ?

The moment you have a companion (so when it's not a guest anymore in your companion list) you can travel to multiple planets and get multiple companion looks.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/guides/swto...customization/

Here a guide for you. ^^
I guess I see your point, I could have potentially gone to Belsavis and sought out the customization if I knew it was available. That would require "cheating" and looking up guides, and half of the fun of a game is the exploring, learning and leveling process.

I like to take my time and go through the planets in the appropriate order- when traveling on the star map it tells you what level range each planet is intended to accomodate.

Elara comes very early in the game, and Belsavis is a late level 42+ planet, can you see the problem?