Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Juggernaut or marauder?

Vid-szhite
05.09.2012 , 01:57 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Crud, I've been doing it wrong XD

Marauder does get a lot of dirty emergency tricks. Jugg get some mad hot damage mitigation and also Force Push and Backhand as ways to get some breathing space.
Backhand is Tank spec only.

Anysao
05.09.2012 , 06:32 PM | #22
Great, now got some juggy competition..
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Valorman
09.26.2012 , 02:59 PM | #23
carnage and rage are pvp specs just so you know
The Marek Legacy
Server Rubat Crystal

ScoldedVi
09.29.2012 , 06:16 AM | #24
I was going to start a thread with the exact same title but since this one is here:

Are Maurauders too squishy or are they ok?

Which class uses less abilities in their rotation or are they similar, I read in an earlier post that Maurauders are a little harder to play than Juggs?

Which class has the most abilities with cooldowns and which have the longest cooldowns?

ScoldedVi
09.29.2012 , 03:42 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ScoldedVi View Post
I was going to start a thread with the exact same title but since this one is here:

Which class uses less abilities in their rotation or are they similar, I read in an earlier post that Maurauders are a little harder to play than Juggs?

Which class has the most abilities with cooldowns and which have the longest cooldowns?
Anyone?

Pplwithnolives
09.29.2012 , 03:47 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ScoldedVi View Post

Marauders are easy to play. They are amazing 1v1. If, however, another dude jumps in you can conisder yourself ****ed. Juggs are only good in tank spec. So if you have any intention of playing a DPS play Marauder. They have the MOST OP CDs! They have so many too. More than any tank and better than any tank.
Troll Above

Alyssis
09.29.2012 , 03:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Pplwithnolives View Post
Marauders are easy to play. They are amazing 1v1. If, however, another dude jumps in you can conisder yourself ****ed. Juggs are only good in tank spec. So if you have any intention of playing a DPS play Marauder. They have the MOST OP CDs! They have so many too. More than any tank and better than any tank.
This guy clearly never played a juggernaut..!

When geared correctly, you will do great.. even in vengence spec.. It has so much potential when in capable hands..

And after 1.4, the rage spec is FOTM. Sure, a marauder can dps, but i have both, and keep switching full war hero gear between the classes.. And the marauder doesnt come close to the juggernaut.. And the moment you manage to taunt another jugg/marauder right as they are going for their smash, and you instantly gain 3 medals for preventing 10k dmg to other players, its priceless..

Go with what you feel most comfortable with.. Both classes are awesome in their on way, but to say that the juggernaut is useless in everything but the tank spec.. is just wrong..

ScoldedVi
09.30.2012 , 10:25 AM | #28
Thanks for the response guys, I'd just like to clear a couple of things up:

What is meant by MOST OP CDs, I'm guessing overpowered cooldowns?

What does FOTM stand for?

Sorry but I don't know all the terminology.

Caprindo
09.30.2012 , 09:31 PM | #29
I, from a game-play point of view, say you should play Marauder. Unless you have the extra char slots, or plan to just PL legacy, the refreshing taste of blood will be nice.
I, from a logical point of view, say you should play Juggernaut. You have experience with said class, and two words: tank=missle. (Unless you count = as a word. In that case, you may be a meatbag.)
I, from a personal point of view, scream Jugg. BACKHAND AND FORCE PUSH<DOUBLE LIGHTSABERS. EVEN IN RAIDS.
Sorry about that.

Goretzu
10.04.2012 , 05:18 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Alyssis View Post
When geared correctly, you will do great.. even in vengence spec.. It has so much potential when in capable hands..

Equally geared and equally well played a Marauder will do more DPS than a comparable spec Jugg, it will also be more surviable in PvP (by loads) and PvE (by a bit) than a comparable specced Jugg.

Unfortunately the DPS Jugg specs do less DPS and have less point surviablity than comparably specced Marauders.

I've seen a lot of people say Veng spec will out DPS, but in my experience it doesn't. YMMV.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1