Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Juggernaut or marauder?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Juggernaut or marauder?

Anysao
05.05.2012 , 10:16 AM | #11
Marauder sounds like it's getting the praise!

Ok, which specialization? Sounds like annhilation is getting the best of the bunch, but I've heard one or two about carnage....

Which one is the best?
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Irishpierre
05.05.2012 , 02:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Marauder sounds like it's getting the praise!

Ok, which specialization? Sounds like annhilation is getting the best of the bunch, but I've heard one or two about carnage....

Which one is the best?
I find, personally, Carnage to be easier to level with and easier to learn/get the hang of Marauder controls in PVP. When you're more advanced or feel as though you can handle more difficult combat rotations, switch to Annihilation. Coming from a Carnage Marauder, an Annihilation Marauder WILL kill me, eventually. They focus more on DoTs.

Again, Anni you have DoT crits that give you HoTs. A decent portion of your damage focuses around your DoTs, which in turn gives you health, so that little boost of more survivability.

Carnage will give you a more straight forward approach. You still have your DoTs, though the crits won't return you with a HoT and it's a more straight forward DPS approach.

Anysao
05.06.2012 , 12:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Irishpierre View Post
I find, personally, Carnage to be easier to level with and easier to learn/get the hang of Marauder controls in PVP. When you're more advanced or feel as though you can handle more difficult combat rotations, switch to Annihilation. Coming from a Carnage Marauder, an Annihilation Marauder WILL kill me, eventually. They focus more on DoTs.

Again, Anni you have DoT crits that give you HoTs. A decent portion of your damage focuses around your DoTs, which in turn gives you health, so that little boost of more survivability.

Carnage will give you a more straight forward approach. You still have your DoTs, though the crits won't return you with a HoT and it's a more straight forward DPS approach.
its worth it to know im not really into PVP... got bored of it. majority of inquisitor was pvp, so im no pvp junky any more.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Anysao
05.07.2012 , 05:45 PM | #14
Simple question- is rage spec worth considering?

i_am_sancho
05.07.2012 , 05:59 PM | #15
I've been levelling up a Rage spec marauder recently, having done a Combat/Carnage spec Sentinel before. Good fun, lots of damage. Keep that one in mind too!

thecoffeeguy
05.08.2012 , 01:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Hi, I'm a level 50 assassin and 48 (finished story) guardian.
Via legacy, my guardian is having a warrior son.

I can't decide between marauder or jug. I've heard positivity and negativity towards both.
Leaning to maur, but idk.

And what spec?
Please dont take this the wrong way, but if you have already leveled a Guardian (almost to 50 per your post), then you should go Marauder. The reason is, the Juggernaut is the mirror class to the Guardian, so you would be basically playing the same AC gain, just on the Empire side, with different ability names and animations.

The Marauder is different all around from the Guardian/Juggernaut AC.

Both are incredibly fun, but if you want something different from the Guardian playstyle, go with Marauder.

Anysao
05.08.2012 , 05:57 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy View Post
Please dont take this the wrong way, but if you have already leveled a Guardian (almost to 50 per your post), then you should go Marauder. The reason is, the Juggernaut is the mirror class to the Guardian, so you would be basically playing the same AC gain, just on the Empire side, with different ability names and animations.

The Marauder is different all around from the Guardian/Juggernaut AC.

Both are incredibly fun, but if you want something different from the Guardian playstyle, go with Marauder.
Thats good enough reason for me. now, what spec?

PS- thanks for reminding me to change it too i got level 50.

i_am_sancho
05.08.2012 , 06:20 PM | #18
So far as I can tell from playing Combat spec Sentinel and so far as Rage spec mara (please correct me if i'm wrong) but the specs seem to basically go a bit like this:
Rage: AoE
Carnage: 1 on 1
Annihilation: DoT/Self-heals

I can personally vouch for Rage and Carnage. Great fun watching a republic player's health go steadily down down down while you run rings around em in Carnage spec.

Anysao
05.09.2012 , 11:23 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by i_am_sancho View Post
So far as I can tell from playing Combat spec Sentinel and so far as Rage spec mara (please correct me if i'm wrong) but the specs seem to basically go a bit like this:
Rage: AoE
Carnage: 1 on 1
Annihilation: DoT/Self-heals

I can personally vouch for Rage and Carnage. Great fun watching a republic player's health go steadily down down down while you run rings around em in Carnage spec.
Oh wow, this helped break it down a lot.

I'll try rage, as a group effects would be nice. Plus, I know shii-cho "berserk" (or frenzy, or something) gets to of rage cost on the vicious strike. That'll give me a boost!

EugeneYap
05.09.2012 , 12:33 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rohns View Post
That isn't true...
Is true

In during raids marauder dies very fast and we relay on Juggernaut a lot for tanking and survivability.