Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why lock 8 man raids out from Tier 2 boots?


dcgregorya's Avatar


dcgregorya
05.04.2012 , 02:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by arnoldlol View Post
Because you bought them with daily comms? They're not adding Campaign boots in the next tier, rofl.
You can get campaign boots off Nightmare Pilgrim. In both cases, there are alternative means to aquire the gear and will likely be added as an early/storemode drop of some future flashpoint or operation. I like the rofl comment when you don't know *** you're talking about.

It's your "opinion" that 16 man is an unreasonable way to get it just as it was my "opinion" that dailies across 3 alts was too time consuming to get the Rakata implants before Denova came out. Wait and it'll be more easy to achieve - for now they want to make incentives to do different things.

arnoldlol's Avatar


arnoldlol
05.04.2012 , 02:38 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
You can get campaign boots off Nightmare Pilgrim. In both cases, there are alternative means to aquire the gear and will likely be added as an early/storemode drop of some future flashpoint or operation. I like the rofl comment when you don't know *** you're talking about.

It's your "opinion" that 16 man is an unreasonable way to get it just as it was my "opinion" that dailies across 3 alts was too time consuming to get the Rakata implants before Denova came out. Wait and it'll be more easy to achieve - for now they want to make incentives to do different things.
What? Are you even talking about the same thing I am? You said they added Rakata ear/implant to Denova because they weren't in EV/KP (8 or 16, for your argument's sake). Oh look, they have them for sale on the dailiy comms vendor! Takes a little over 2 weeks (15 days to be exact) to farm up all 3 pieces for your upgrades. Not too much of a hassle! But wait! They're also BoE?? Okay! I'll buy them from the GTN instead because I hate doing dailies!!

Now let's compare that to: Nightmare Pilgrim, the only source of Campaign boots. Requires 16 competent raiders to complete. Hm... Can't get from dailies.. Can't buy on the GTN.. HMMMM..

Yeah, sorry bro, totally the same thing. There will DEFINITELY be Campaign boots dropping in 8 man Tier 3 (but not 16, because they already got them silly goose).

I also have no idea how you gathered I was unaware as the the source of Campaign boots, I was one of the few who actually saw the loot on PTS. Better luck next time, try thinking about peoples' posts (actually read them, and understand the context) before posting next time.

Edit - After seeing a couple of your other posts in the FP/Op section, I'm going to go ahead and assume you're actually a troll. You may just be terribly misinformed, and if that's the case then I hope I've cleared some things up for you. Best of luck getting your boots next tier though!
Cali Killed Nox
o [Website] o [Stream] o

Dyslexicon's Avatar


Dyslexicon
05.04.2012 , 02:58 PM | #13
There is a myriad of things stopping eight man raids from getting the best of the loot; the class stacking required to kill the current version of Warlord Kephess, needing 16 to the campaign boots(you can make equivalent with black hole/augmented pieces but still don't have the set bonus - so you would need the other 4 set pieces for most ACs) and of course that the mechanics and health balance between eight and sixteen has never been equal since launch.

All of this aside, my guild is trying our best to recruit someone at a similar playtime to do it, only to be blocked by the bug of raids failing at Pilgrim before us or bugging it in some way that the stone is unclickeble for the rest of the week.

dcgregorya's Avatar


dcgregorya
05.04.2012 , 03:37 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by arnoldlol View Post
Lots of nerd rage!!!
5char

TL;DR - Suck it up or wait until its available from other sources. Clearly that's trolling instead of just telling it like it is, maybe we should all QQ about how it isn't gifted to you when you turn 50. I didn't say the daily vendor is the same thing as nightmare pilgrim, I said it's the same idea (getting people to do different stuff than 8 man raids over and over).

arnoldlol's Avatar


arnoldlol
05.04.2012 , 03:38 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
5char

TL;DR - Suck it up or wait until its available from other sources. Clearly that's trolling instead of just telling it like it is, maybe we should all QQ about how it isn't gifted to you when you turn 50.
Definite troll. Good luck with your 8 mans!
Cali Killed Nox
o [Website] o [Stream] o

Shinaa's Avatar


Shinaa
05.04.2012 , 03:55 PM | #16
I'm much more upset and frustrated at the fact that the boss is bugged and does not spawn 99% of the time. For. Over. two. WEEKS. now!

Andex's Avatar


Andex
05.04.2012 , 08:20 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by arnoldlol View Post
What? Are you even talking about the same thing I am? You said they added Rakata ear/implant to Denova because they weren't in EV/KP (8 or 16, for your argument's sake). Oh look, they have them for sale on the dailiy comms vendor! Takes a little over 2 weeks (15 days to be exact) to farm up all 3 pieces for your upgrades. Not too much of a hassle! But wait! They're also BoE?? Okay! I'll buy them from the GTN instead because I hate doing dailies!! !
Someone can't count. It takes ~10 days to get all 3. God forbid someone actually be accurate about something. It's cool bro, I understand. Your epeen was in the way.
Doko prek anuda ten?

The-Vortex's Avatar


The-Vortex
05.04.2012 , 08:39 PM | #18
I'm willing to bet its because they ran out of bosses to put them on in the operation, which kinda begs the question - why limit it to 4 bosses? I agree its very, very frustrating to have to scrape together another 8 people to kill a boss that doesn't even spawn half the time. Although, I have a feeling that instead of adding tier 3 next patch they'll just build on this one by adding another operation which also drops rakata / campaign gear at around the same time they add nightmare mode in. That way the new gear for nightmare mode which seems to be the datamined hazmat set can be more evenly spread across the two operations like it was in tier 1, rather than just dumping it all in the same one as it is now.

But sadly I'm probably wrong about this as this actually makes sense from a design standpoint. Non the less its just pure speculation on my part in regards to interviews shortly before 1.2 came out, the datamined gear and the leaks over at torhead. For all I know the PvE "content" in 1.3 could be the flashpoint finder and only the flashpoint finder. Only time will tell I suppose.
End of Days - Republic - The Progenitor
Varias - 50 Gunslinger
Saris - 50 Jedi Guardian

dcgregorya's Avatar


dcgregorya
05.04.2012 , 10:52 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Andex View Post
Someone can't count. It takes ~10 days to get all 3. God forbid someone actually be accurate about something. It's cool bro, I understand. Your epeen was in the way.
You are of course assuming you do every daily (heroics included) and space mission that gives commendations. I tend to spend my time raiding when I'm on, not 3 hours a day running daily missions. Anyway, point being, just because it's a PITA now doesn't mean it'll be a PITA 3 months from now. For now get another guild to help you.

arnoldlol's Avatar


arnoldlol
05.05.2012 , 03:15 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Andex View Post
Someone can't count. It takes ~10 days to get all 3. God forbid someone actually be accurate about something. It's cool bro, I understand. Your epeen was in the way.
When the implants were relevant, it was 25/day if you did all your dailies. Assuming the two on Ilum weren't bugged. Nice try though.
Cali Killed Nox
o [Website] o [Stream] o