Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why lock 8 man raids out from Tier 2 boots?

PolakToma
05.04.2012 , 10:53 AM | #1
I thought that Bioware has gone on and on that 8 man raids will be viable and will be able to obtain any gear from such raids.

Then why is it that we are locked out from getting Tier 2 Campaign Boots?

My guild consists of friends and we have about 10 active raiders, we always have 8 for our raids and weve cleared everything so far (working on HM Denova), but we are finding it too big of a pain to get people to do the Nightmare Pilgrim.

First everyone needs to grind the daily comms (hey some people dont like dailies) Second, we do not want to pug a possible 4-8 people and have everyone free roll on the TWO tokens that drop, which would lead us to having to bring new people every week for this fight.

I can't believe how stupid it is of them to first make this guy a world boss, then second make him the only one that drops the Tier 2 boots.

TheRealCandyMan
05.04.2012 , 11:43 AM | #2
Just a wild guess but I'm going to assume that there will be campaign stuff available when the next Operation comes out. Stop complaining until you actually have cleared HM Denova + have all the currently available armor from it.
Member of SuckaFish
Roovin - SniperOhmygerd - PT Ciphas - Marauder Frodo'swaggins - Juggernaut

The Hashtagyolo Legacy

Fossman
05.04.2012 , 11:53 AM | #3
Yeah think its a bit early to be complaining about this.

Sure it might make the content go a little smoother if you had access to it but its not a game breaker and as you guys get more gear you probably wont even notice.

My advice. Just buy some blackhole gear and slap the mods on your rakata boots.

Iwipe
05.04.2012 , 12:33 PM | #4
That is a valid point that OP has brought up. We found a work around by teaming up with another 8m guild to do Nightmare Pilgrim together and spread the loot equally.

Thegriss
05.04.2012 , 12:42 PM | #5
Its not like you cant buy BH boots strip the mods and put them in columi/rakata gear for the same exact effect.

But ya on the face our 8m HM guild has trouble finding another guild equipt enough and ready for pilgrim.

BulldogzLife
05.04.2012 , 12:51 PM | #6
I agree, having a 16-man world boss that is the only way to get set boots was terrible design. It forces 8-man guilds to find another to team up with, organizing each other's schedules and trying to find a time they can work together to kill the boss. This can be done but it's a pain to organize. Not only that, but then the fight requires each person to have an item that takes daily comms to get, and while I don't think preparation for a fight is a bad thing necessarily, I can't say it's a good thing to make mandatory.

I just did the simple thing and said screw it by buying the Black Hole boots. If we ever do it great, and I'd like a chance to do the fight for the simple fun factor, but they've got to make the content more accessible. World bosses should be less about preparation and more about just attempting it, with no need to dumb down the difficulty of the fight.

TheRealCandyMan
05.04.2012 , 01:48 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BulldogzLife View Post
I agree, having a 16-man world boss that is the only way to get set boots was terrible design. It forces 8-man guilds to find another to team up with, organizing each other's schedules and trying to find a time they can work together to kill the boss. This can be done but it's a pain to organize. Not only that, but then the fight requires each person to have an item that takes daily comms to get, and while I don't think preparation for a fight is a bad thing necessarily, I can't say it's a good thing to make mandatory.

I just did the simple thing and said screw it by buying the Black Hole boots. If we ever do it great, and I'd like a chance to do the fight for the simple fun factor, but they've got to make the content more accessible. World bosses should be less about preparation and more about just attempting it, with no need to dumb down the difficulty of the fight.
You don't need the daily comms to get the stim to do this fight. One person can craft them for the entire group.
Member of SuckaFish
Roovin - SniperOhmygerd - PT Ciphas - Marauder Frodo'swaggins - Juggernaut

The Hashtagyolo Legacy

andretious
05.04.2012 , 01:55 PM | #8
We are an 8 man guild and we formed this raid up two weeks in a row with another guild and 3 tries and it bugged out . couldn't do it rest of the week. Then next week 1 try and it bugged out. Awesome. Still not fixed btw. Also btw you can craft the stims. The recipe is on the same vender you buy stims for coms.

dcgregorya
05.04.2012 , 02:01 PM | #9
For the same reason Tier 1 implants didn't drop out of HM KP and EV. So they could add it to content later.

arnoldlol
05.04.2012 , 02:20 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
For the same reason Tier 1 implants didn't drop out of HM KP and EV. So they could add it to content later.
Because you bought them with daily comms? They're not adding Campaign boots in the next tier, rofl.
Cali Killed Nox
o [Website] o [Stream] o