Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Annoyed at 16man content

AzazaelLoki
05.04.2012 , 06:04 AM | #1
As a leader of a smaller guild I find myself annoyed at 16 man only content like Nightmare Pilgram. The fact that things like the exo stim schematics only seem to drop in 16 man. I really hope that this isn't the trend moving forward. Or if it is, that they give 8 man groups a way to obtain the loot that 16 man mobs/instances hold (like campaign boots).

How do others feel about this?

SpoeMeister
05.04.2012 , 06:07 AM | #2
I feel that if you refuse to have more than 8 people in your guild, you should not be entitled to content that is ment for 16-man grouping... It would take away any desire to group with 16 players because you can do it with eight...

It would be the same if I could all Hardmodes all by myself.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

AzazaelLoki
05.04.2012 , 06:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SpoeMeister View Post
I feel that if you refuse to have more than 8 people in your guild, you should not be entitled to content that is ment for 16-man grouping... It would take away any desire to group with 16 players because you can do it with eight...

It would be the same if I could all Hardmodes all by myself.
I don't recall ever saying that I refused to have more than 8 people in our guild.

schnopsnosn
05.04.2012 , 06:28 AM | #4
Exotech-stims also drop in 8-man-content...

jamescloutier
05.04.2012 , 06:34 AM | #5
Agree with Spoe. There should be some items that only 16 man groups should have access otherwise what's the point in having them. Don't know if boots from the latest set of armor was the right items to do that with but I have no issues with it.

Trephination
05.04.2012 , 07:02 AM | #6
Team up with another 8-man guild for an hour each week and kill the world boss.
Teacher / Blackadder | Bastion

SpoeMeister
05.04.2012 , 07:14 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AzazaelLoki View Post
I don't recall ever saying that I refused to have more than 8 people in our guild.
So great of you to completely miss the point... Still, if you don't have at least 16 players in your guild it's because you're not looking hard enough or because your server is dead. None of those problems can be solved by making content that is available for certain types of gameplay (16man ops) also available to people that don't do that type of gameplay...

but yeah, I was probably just trolling...whatever
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

AzazaelLoki
05.04.2012 , 08:08 AM | #8
I am fine with some items being locked to 16 man, however I don't think making it a set piece like the boots was the right item. I vaguely remembered something in the patch notes about exo stim schematics and thought it had to do with 16 man. I know my group hasn't seen a schematic for them in well over 3 months, yet a guildie who took an alt on a 16 man pug run saw 2. If they are still dropping in 8 man great, we are just really unlucky I guess.

Our guild has been looking for more people, it isn't an issue of 'zomg we don't want more than 8'. We just haven't been finding people.

I think you missed the point Spoe, or I didn't make it clear enough. A set piece shouldn't be locked to 16 man content when the rest of the set can be obtained in 8 man, as well as the entire previous sets. By all means give 16 man content something special and shiney, but don't make it set pieces.

As for teaming up with another group, we are looking for one, we just haven't found any yet.

Agrivere
05.04.2012 , 08:12 AM | #9
Is this a serious complaint? Consider that in most MMO's a group is 6 people, and you seem to be complaining that you can't do everything there is to do in a game with 8? You would certainly have not liked Everquest, where a standard raid was 72 people, and for some difficult encounters like Plane of Earth we might take as many as 120 people.

There are simple answers to your problem, though. Simply invite guests (most would call them PUGS, but I prefer guests). Take your core eight, and find eight more people who want to do it, and work it out. It's just not that hard. So many folks are I guess used to easy mode these days that even getting 16 people together sounds hard.

pure_laced
05.04.2012 , 08:34 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
Exotech-stims also drop in 8-man-content...
Exotech stims NEVER drop. They are a myth and have been removed from the game. Just like Unicorns and Leprechauns.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter