Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security answers - Workaround / Fix > 1000 thanks to Xavure

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Security answers - Workaround / Fix > 1000 thanks to Xavure

Imperialis
12.17.2011 , 06:54 PM | #1
Originally Posted by xavure
Same thing happenned to me and I just started enter random stuff that could be the anwser, then I finally got it!!!
I went to my account to make the change right away, just to realise that I had to put a caps letter in the words, but in my account it's all lower case

You guys might wanna try different combination.

> get a second account,
> go to security questions
> double tap or simply try new words in the answers field ( they should appear as the letters match )

> So there it is mates, worked for me.
BTW, you really deserve the best..... love of your life mate.

Crankyhobo
12.17.2011 , 07:06 PM | #2
this doesn't make any sense - what is the workaround?

jarros
12.17.2011 , 07:09 PM | #3
get me all excited like you have an actual work around. damn you.

this is pathetic. i filled out 5 questions when i signed up, yet this INSISTS on asking me on the one i can't freaking remember.

garbage.

Crankyhobo
12.17.2011 , 07:13 PM | #4
Its just stupid, its just like anti-piracy measures that make it a horrible experience for paying customers while they do nothing to stop piracy. Some idiot thinking this 'improved' security is worth the cost of all the frustration, bad experiences, bad will. Stupid.

jarros
12.17.2011 , 07:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Crankyhobo View Post
Its just stupid, its just like anti-piracy measures that make it a horrible experience for paying customers while they do nothing to stop piracy. Some idiot thinking this 'improved' security is worth the cost of all the frustration, bad experiences, bad will. Stupid.
agree 100%

this system has caused NOTHING but a huge headache. they're solution is to call the support line. freakin' LOL. yeah i got time to sit there for 5 hours. just insanely poor customer service.

Imperialis
12.17.2011 , 07:26 PM | #6
People, simple,
> get a second account,
> go to security questions
> double tap or simply try new words in the answers field ( they should appear as the letters match )

> Worked for me, got all the answers back and already saved them.

jarros
12.17.2011 , 07:31 PM | #7
its a shot i guess. i don't feel like i should have to create a second email just for the purpose of fixing BW's screw up.

Imperialis
12.17.2011 , 07:56 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by jarros View Post
its a shot i guess. i don't feel like i should have to create a second email just for the purpose of fixing BW's screw up.
Mate believe me i do understand you 1000%, i just got tired of waiting for the email from support and frankly speaking, paying about as much or more as i payed for the game in phone calls to perform a reset isn't really in my book so i looked for something here in the forums that could help.

For this to work people need to have the autofill function active in their browsers or not have the forms deleted. ( i didn't .. Thank God for once i didn't go trough the junk here in my rig )

Hope this helps alot of people.

PS. Support delet my Ticket.