Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cant subsecribe, you wont take my card, first time ever that i encunter this

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Cant subsecribe, you wont take my card, first time ever that i encunter this

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Whosthetank
12.17.2011 , 06:50 PM | #1
Hi, im trying to subscribe 1 month to SWTOR, but when i click "Acsept" i get this msg

"We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one."

The thing is, i have money on the card, i have never had problems with it before???

Its a debit mastercard

I live in denmark if that makes a difference

Haruna
12.17.2011 , 06:59 PM | #2
You could see if it's possible to buy a digital pre-paid gametime code off of origin as another option. You would be paying for 2 months up front though... so not exactly the same thing. I'm not sure about availability in the EU but they are already available in the US store.

I don't know what cards are not accepted by their billing system sadly. I hope you have luck in resolving this issue.

Catchmeifucan
12.17.2011 , 07:04 PM | #3
Sounds weird to me.

But yeah try to buy a time card online or at a retailer

Shadowspeak
12.17.2011 , 07:10 PM | #4
I have the same problem. I tried to input my debit card and it told me I had to use a different card. I use this card for everything and have never had a problem before...

Whosthetank
12.17.2011 , 08:16 PM | #5
Bump

giliyad
12.17.2011 , 08:25 PM | #6
Just curious but why try to subscribe now anyway? I mean it's the early start, maybe they don't even have the subscription stuff activated yet. It's FREE for 30 days AFTER you subscribe, from the 20th onward. So if you subscribe on the 17th for example, the subscription still wouldn't kick in til the 20th, then you have 30 days to play free from then..
It's ALIVE!

Whosthetank
12.17.2011 , 08:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by giliyad View Post
Just curious but why try to subscribe now anyway? I mean it's the early start, maybe they don't even have the subscription stuff activated yet. It's FREE for 30 days AFTER you subscribe, from the 20th onward. So if you subscribe on the 17th for example, the subscription still wouldn't kick in til the 20th, then you have 30 days to play free from then..
The thing is, you cant play unless you have a subscription, it wont acsept it, so on the 20th (Launch day) i wont be able to play, the 30 days free kick in after you have an active subscription, even tho they dont charge it ....

And i cant get my card (wich works everywhere else, been using the same card for 2years never had an issue) acsepted by swtor

Milune
12.18.2011 , 12:00 AM | #8
I am getting this same error. I have a Visa, I have the available amount on my credit card and I have been using this card for online purchases for awhile.

RevelentDark
12.18.2011 , 05:54 AM | #9
I'm having the same problem, never had this problem for anything else with my visa.
“What we pretend to be we often become.”
-Darth Krayt

DigitalEnigma
12.18.2011 , 07:28 PM | #10
Having the same issue here, have 3 accounts (mine, wifes and our daugter) managed to use my card on two of the accounts without any problem but refuses to work on the third accounts.

Have a ticket in waiting for a reply.

No issue with my card, called bank to check and have been using the card for other stuff with no issues.