Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Story Order?

Anti_Bodies
05.03.2012 , 09:46 PM | #1
What is the order of the class story lines? Which classes story takes place first, second, third, etc. in chronological order? Searched all over and couldn't find an answer. Interested in playing the very last class so I find out how things end up.

Spoiler

Mutive
05.04.2012 , 05:35 AM | #2
I think that they're all supposed to happen at roughly the same time. So level 1 is approximately the same time for all classes, 10 is the same point in the timeline, etc.

So the idea is that the cold war always goes into a full out war sometime around the end of chapter 2, etc.

Ranadiel_Marius
05.04.2012 , 05:45 AM | #3
The class stories happen concurrently. The exact order of all the class story events isn't completely clear, but it seems to be safe to assume that all the classes finish Chapter 1 before anyone starts Chapter 2 and so on. And really the order of the class stories seems to change on a nearly planet by planet basis. As an example the JK starts Chapter 3 before the SW, but the SW is implied to finish Voss(second planet of Chapter 3) before the JK does.

There really are not enough pieces of data to put together the entire timeline for every planetary event, and honestly it is a rare occurance when you can place two class stories on the same planet chronologically.

Spoiler
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Katahn
05.04.2012 , 08:59 AM | #4
Broadly speaking I would think the planets are all happening about the same "time" story-wise.

1. Starter Worlds
2. Capitol Worlds
3. Balmorra (Empire wins) / Taris (Republic Wins)
4. Nar Shadda
5. Tatooine
6. Alderaan
7. Taris (Empire retakes Taris and neutralizes Republic Victory)/Balmorra (Republic frees Balmorra from Imperial control)

and so on.

Specifics on the class stories... I'd say they fall broadly speaking within equivilent timeframes based on the worlds associated with their quests.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Anti_Bodies
05.04.2012 , 12:01 PM | #5
Thanks for all your responses. So can anyone tell me the final fate (so far) of Ilum and Corellia? And the state of war/not war going on? That part has sort of confused me.

Maaruin
05.04.2012 , 12:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Anti_Bodies View Post
Thanks for all your responses. So can anyone tell me the final fate (so far) of Ilum and Corellia? And the state of war/not war going on? That part has sort of confused me.
Illum is easy: There is still war going on, no side has won yet. (Open World PVP)

Corellia seems

Spoiler
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Fordel
05.04.2012 , 02:28 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mutive View Post
I think that they're all supposed to happen at roughly the same time. So level 1 is approximately the same time for all classes, 10 is the same point in the timeline, etc.

So the idea is that the cold war always goes into a full out war sometime around the end of chapter 2, etc.
Overly Cautious Spoiler edit
Spoiler

Pardoz
05.04.2012 , 02:54 PM | #8
The final disposition of Corellia is made pretty clear in the bread-crumb quests that direct you to the new daily area in The Black Hole, especially the Imperial one.

The class stories all seem to happen pretty much simultaneously, with minor exceptions (of the three classes I've finished Chapter 3 on, the Bounty Hunter finishes Chapter 3 before either the Trooper or the Consular, since both the Consular and Trooper epilogue cut-scenes reference something that happens during/as a result of the final BH class quest). Things get muddy when you factor in that the end-of-chapter "Return to the Fleet" quests have some (mostly implicit) time compression - the end-of-Chapter-2 Jedi Knight class quest explicitly takes place over "several months", for example.

And to complicate things even further some world events happen within companion quests, not world or class arcs, making them hard to pin down chronologically except to the extent that some companion dialogues only open after certain milestones in the individual class arcs. For example Jedi Knights who have high enough affection with Doc to open his dialogues learn that
Spoiler
at some point during Chapter 3 (the dialogue where you find this out doesn't unlock until you've finished Chapter 2).
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a launcher downloading Main Assets 6 — forever.

FigeroMentel
05.04.2012 , 09:05 PM | #9
They all happen over an indeterminant period of time. It's obvious why - Legacy brings you through several generations, so you need to be able to make up for yourself the order and time period of the stories.
Martha Mentel Dahlquist Mentel
Figero Mentel Carvala Mentel
Annek Mentel Jelal Mentel

Stupiddisname
05.24.2014 , 12:09 AM | #10
I'd agree that they seem to happen more or less at the same time though I'd argue the bounty hunter story happens before any of the republic ones since Governor Saresh
Spoiler