Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Missing Textures - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Missing Textures - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthHollander
05.03.2012 , 08:46 PM | #1
Hi there,

Today I updated the video drivers for my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 card to the most recent release (Driver Date/Size 4/5/2012), and now in game no matter what basic or advanced graphics settings I try all of the character models (both NPCs and Players) have missing textures. Now, according the DxDiag (found in the spoiler tab) this gpu only has 252mb of dedicated video memory and SWTOR requires 256mb.

This issue just started happening with the driver update as I have been able to run the game client since launch with no graphic issues. I have considered rolling the drivers back to the previous ones and just dealing with it, but I figured you may want to have a sample in case others have similar issues.

Spoiler

Thank you in advance.

Don't feed the trolls...

DarthHollander
05.03.2012 , 09:14 PM | #2
Here's a screenshot showing some of the missing textures from the character select screen. In-game its far worse.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...toco1_1280.jpg

Corso Riggs is missing the left-side of his face in-game...too freaky to post.
Don't feed the trolls...

Ogada
05.03.2012 , 09:15 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi DarthHollander,

Even though it is technically below minimum specs, I would say if it played fine before with the previous driver set to roll them back and enjoy the game.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

TheDigitalKing
05.04.2012 , 03:34 PM | #4
I'am Also having this exact same problem, Updated my drivers for my HD 4250 to version 8.961.0.0 today and I am experiencing the same issues. Thought I would let you know you aren't alone. Also when I rollback the driver through windows it jumps back to a driver from 2010. And I am having trouble finding somewhere to download the previous version to 8.961.0.0.

MahBo
05.04.2012 , 03:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthHollander View Post
Here's a screenshot showing some of the missing textures from the character select screen. In-game its far worse.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...toco1_1280.jpg

Corso Riggs is missing the left-side of his face in-game...too freaky to post.
You blind? Looks fine to me (It probably looks even better than max settings I play on!)

Also, who goes out looking for minor graphical issues anyway?
<-- The **** is this?
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
Also, MahBo? That weapon in your sig (Weapon 15) is actually the scanner device your companions use when harvesting crafting material nodes.
Looks like it's a tool used by my companions to harvest sugar cane with.

MishraArtificer
05.04.2012 , 03:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MahBo View Post
You blind? Looks fine to me (It probably looks even better than max settings I play on!)

Also, who goes out looking for minor graphical issues anyway?
I have a Radeon HD3450 that occasionally just doesn't load textures. I just have to wander around waiting for things to actually hit me before I can target them. That's when I know my VRAM is full and I need to quick-travel to the nearest cantina and switch machines.

Also, MahBo? That weapon in your sig (Weapon 15) is actually the scanner device your companions use when harvesting crafting material nodes.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

blowmedown
05.04.2012 , 04:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthHollander View Post
Hi there,

Today I updated the video drivers for my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 card to the most recent release (Driver Date/Size 4/5/2012), and now in game no matter what basic or advanced graphics settings I try all of the character models (both NPCs and Players) have missing textures. Now, according the DxDiag (found in the spoiler tab) this gpu only has 252mb of dedicated video memory and SWTOR requires 256mb.

This issue just started happening with the driver update as I have been able to run the game client since launch with no graphic issues. I have considered rolling the drivers back to the previous ones and just dealing with it, but I figured you may want to have a sample in case others have similar issues.

Spoiler

Thank you in advance.

Why do people update drivers when its working with what they have and then say the game is broke?

MishraArtificer
05.04.2012 , 11:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by blowmedown View Post
Why do people update drivers when its working with what they have and then say the game is broke?
...because the game may have only worked OKAY for them...or possibly something else on the machine required the newer drivers...
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Strange_Jane
06.25.2012 , 10:49 PM | #9
I am having the exact same issue =(

Radeon 4200, latest drivers and lots of random textures not displaying correctly.
If I don't end up where I was going, I'll just end up somewhere else (and that will be interesting, too).