Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why i think its better if EXP Was not given in Warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
why i think its better if EXP Was not given in Warzones

Sneakymcstab
12.17.2011 , 07:00 PM | #21
Maybe an option to turn it off, but completely remove it, no thanks.

kirorx
12.17.2011 , 07:02 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BoredOfMMOS View Post
i understand this and i also love this as side quests are extremely annoying after doing them one time. But i still dislike where my levels at after a day of heavy pvp
Perhaps an option to turn off experience gain would be a viable route.

Wrevan
12.17.2011 , 07:17 PM | #23
Agreed with OP. Minimal XP for PvP please, let's not detract from the storyline-focus.

PS. I love PvP in WoW and being able to level up through it there, but not here.

Maybe it'll work out better if PvP gave XP ONLY on PvP servers, and minimal or no XP at all on non-PvP servers.

Liberate
12.17.2011 , 07:24 PM | #24
Why do you people care how other folks level?

Don't touch the Warzone exp! And no, I am not 'abusing' anything, my highest is a level 28.
Liberate

Gratus_Mortuus
12.17.2011 , 07:27 PM | #25
First off the exp you get from a warzone win is equal to that of about 2 side quests
Thoughts?
My thought is wondering if we are playing the same game. I'm level 19 and spent hours in PvP; at least 5 today and doubt the total XP I received exceeds 1.5 levels. That is a ton less than I'd get doing quests and/or killing mobs.

-Gratus

Sketchyy
12.17.2011 , 07:27 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberate View Post
Why do you people care how other folks level?

Don't touch the Warzone exp! And no, I am not 'abusing' anything, my highest is a level 28.
exactly... BW implemented this feature for those that would rather level doing pvp. If you don't like it then don't level this way. We don't put questing or instances down..

Lokai
12.17.2011 , 07:31 PM | #27
First off the exp you get from a warzone win is equal to that of about 2 side quests
but warzones of course take much less time and a quest would only be that short if you skip all the conversations. In theory someone could pvp from 10-50 purely without doing any quests and still be a viable level 50 by having pvp gear then getting carried in flashpoints.

Lowering the amount of exp would also be nice but getting rid of it would be the best solution in my eyes.

Thoughts?
your basically saying " i want pve to be supiorer to pvp in every way" and i say to you NO! its fine, deal with it... your still going to level quicker doing pve, and just to make a point... warzones are equivelent to a flashpoint and what you SHOULD be comparing them to. and get far far far far more exp per flashpoint even if take into account i can do say 3-4 warzones in time takes you to do 1 flashpoint(and good groups will do it in 30 or so minutes tops depending on flash point) still coming away with better gear, more exp, and over all more.

Throw into it already removed low level pvp gear *** more do you pve junkies want? do want pvp removed? would that make you happy? news flash not everyone likes pve...and not everyone enjoys grinding quests to level up...exp as it stands is FINE! leave it alone...

-.-
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

Meiu
12.17.2011 , 07:35 PM | #28
Depending on what game it is the score of the game the objective

Hutball iv capped 7 in one game and got 14k

others iv gotten no caps and just 6k

Still compared to a quest thats outrageous
Obvious troll is now obvious. 7 Cap huttball...

zuile
12.17.2011 , 07:36 PM | #29
but warzones of course take much less time and a quest would only be that short if you skip all the conversations. In theory someone could pvp from 10-50 purely without doing any quests and still be a viable level 50 by having pvp gear then getting carried in flashpoints.

Lowering the amount of exp would also be nice but getting rid of it would be the best solution in my eyes.

Thoughts?
Your idea is terrible. As someone else said how about we remove xp for quests and have only monsters grant xp? Anyway it was already nerfed once according to complaining threads in the old beta forums.
Great and Powerful Trixie best pony.

Gajit
12.17.2011 , 07:40 PM | #30
In theory someone could pvp from 10-50 purely without doing any quests and still be a viable level 50 by having pvp gear then getting carried in flashpoints.
That player would be at a total disadvantage. They would not have their ship, all their companions and would be stuck wearing the PvP gear which from what I have seen is level 20, or level 50. That's a large gap where the person would be forced to grind.

My personal goal is to use PvP and the space missions to stay one to two levels ahead of my questing area, making it faster. I get the story, ships, companions, credits and get to move through it faster because I am not under leveled for the content.

Removing experience will also make less people queue for the warzones while leveling as there is less to gain. Credits are nice, but they really aren't hard to come by.

From reading the replys in this thread, it is safe to say that you love PvP and you don't want to punish yourself by outleveling the story content, so instead of doing all things in moderation, you would rather purpose that experience gains is removed for everyone. I am sorry, but I respectfully disagree.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
PVP Server | Peacekeeper | International