Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion healing bugged?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Midden
05.03.2012 , 07:23 PM | #1
Hi,

playing last night, and my companion Doc seemed to go on a healing work to rule or strike.

Essentially he would do little or no heals until I was at about 10% health - then some would flow in. He seemed to be obsessed with pistol shots. After the fight he has always healed me back to full but not last night he wouldn't heal any damage after combat.

He had all his skills on including med watch, which is what settings I have used in the past when he was a generous healer.

Anyone else experienced this?

EllJeffe
05.03.2012 , 07:29 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Midden View Post
Hi,

playing last night, and my companion Doc seemed to go on a healing work to rule or strike.

Essentially he would do little or no heals until I was at about 10% health - then some would flow in. He seemed to be obsessed with pistol shots. After the fight he has always healed me back to full but not last night he wouldn't heal any damage after combat.

He had all his skills on including med watch, which is what settings I have used in the past when he was a generous healer.

Anyone else experienced this?
I only use Doc. For me, his healing is quite erratic. Every other fight he decides he just does not want to heal anymore. Most of the time he does just fine though.

battycoda
05.07.2013 , 02:14 PM | #3
Necromania. I didn't check the date. Edited to remove my post. grrrr

Vindrosa Legacy
Smuggler - 50 | Bounty Hunter - 50
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
What happens if you use the ball toss emote in a Huttball game?

battycoda
05.07.2013 , 02:15 PM | #4
Holy hell. You have to love search on these forums. This thread is a year old. Can we please get some love given to searching here?

Vindrosa Legacy
Smuggler - 50 | Bounty Hunter - 50
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
What happens if you use the ball toss emote in a Huttball game?

DarkDisturbed
05.07.2013 , 02:20 PM | #5
Still, even if this is necro'd, this is still right. Ever since 2.0 Doc has been obsessed with shooting his default pistol shot instead of healing.

Heezdedjim
05.07.2013 , 03:07 PM | #6
I have also noticed him standing around with his thumb up his bottom completely failing to heal me as my HP plummets. And it's not because he's on CD; all his abilities are available, but there he stands doing nothing. I haven't figured out what provokes it or any common thread in when it happens.

Andryah
05.07.2013 , 03:20 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
I have also noticed him standing around with his thumb up his bottom completely failing to heal me as my HP plummets. And it's not because he's on CD; all his abilities are available, but there he stands doing nothing. I haven't figured out what provokes it or any common thread in when it happens.
Doc Lag... yeah.. that's what it is. Doc Lag. He will heal.. but first you must chomp some dirt so that he knows he is lagging and needs to get with he program.

And to the member who necro'ed Doc and his personal problems.. I applaud that you actually use search. Just learn to check dates before poping the coffin lid.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

MillionsKNives
05.07.2013 , 03:40 PM | #8
I've found that healers don't relocate at all just to heal people. If the enemy they are targeting is within their range then they won't move. If someone within their range needs healing then they will heal them (usually). But if you step out of their range then they will completely ignore you and just shoot the mob.

Pscyon
05.07.2013 , 04:13 PM | #9
This is not unique to Doc and it's a problem that's been around since forever, so the necromancy here is justified seeing as this still hasn't been fixed; the healer companions still sporadically like to stop being useful.
Sith Sorcerer

MaximusRex
05.07.2013 , 04:16 PM | #10
I've noticed that Quinn has been less than stellar at healing recently as well, even when I put him in healing mode and turn off all his non-heals he will often just stand there and do nothing.