Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Role playing

LeavarionCL
05.03.2012 , 06:00 PM | #1
Hello, I have been playing PvP and found it utterly irritating not because I am bad at it because I don't want to run around looking over my back because some moron wants to test my character against his. So, suffice to say I am thinking of branching into RP-PvE more likely. Can anyone give me any advice ie what to focus on with solo playing and group playing, or if anyone would like to help me level etc, I'd be very grateful

DarthTHC
05.03.2012 , 06:18 PM | #2
If you're going to do it, I suggest you roll on Lord Adraas, either side. Currently the most populated RP-PvE server. There also seems to be a decent PvP contingent if you're interested in that sort of thing and like most servers Imps seem to have the upper hand, but unlike most servers maybe not by a huge margin.

There are a couple good raiding guilds Republic side, which is where I spend most of my time. I don't know much about the Imp side raiding scene.

otakuon
05.03.2012 , 06:20 PM | #3
Actually, Ebon Hawk is the largest US RP-PvE server based on sheer numbers. My guild is on Sanctum of the Exalted and we have a very active RP community.

And don't listen to the nay-sayers. RP is what keeps you going between the content updates.
Tormax -- Chairman of The Corellian League
A (ex) Sanctum of the Exalted RP Guild
-- "No Matter the Odds!" --
Our Website -- Follow Us on Twitter -- Like Us on Facebook

Skidrowbro
05.03.2012 , 06:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by otakuon View Post
Actually, Ebon Hawk is the largest US RP-PvE server based on sheer numbers. My guild is on Sanctum of the Exalted and we have a very active RP community.

And don't listen to the nay-sayers. RP is what keeps you going between the content updates.
My RP days were done back in playing the pen and paper game called Rift. I never bothered going on an RP server since I started MMO's but after playing WoW and Rift, Rift was the first time I played on and enjoyed an RP server, I would tell anyone who is interested in community run servers to play on an RP. The players are friendlier and more hospitable. Yes, you still get a few trolls but they are few and far between plus there is a better enforcement of rules on RP servers.

LeavarionCL
05.03.2012 , 06:50 PM | #5
I thank you all for the information I will be letting this thread and anyone else interested what I will ultimately do on Friday the 11th my last day of finals

flyersfan
05.03.2012 , 10:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Skidrowbro View Post
plus there is a better enforcement of rules on RP servers.
You must not be playing on a SW:TOR RP server. BioWare has openly admitted that it is doing nothing to police RP servers. It doesn't even monitor for naming policies.
Clan Brevyc

Drevenya - Shield Tech
Vozza - Bodyguard

LeavarionCL
05.03.2012 , 11:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
You must not be playing on a SW:TOR RP server. BioWare has openly admitted that it is doing nothing to police RP servers. It doesn't even monitor for naming policies.
I really don't get it? I will also take this time to say that SWTOR is the first MMO I've played so please go easy on me
M Ganey-Diaz

flyersfan
05.03.2012 , 11:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LeavarionCL View Post
I really don't get it? I will also take this time to say that SWTOR is the first MMO I've played so please go easy on me
This is my first MMO as well.

In terms of RP servers, I expected them to remain RP-oriented. I imagined a server where players were continuously acting IC and I would see a great deal of interesting names and nicely created stories. However, with no kind of moderation at all, players that haven't come to an RP server to RP make ridiculous names and some give the RPers grief for RPing on an RP server. This has also created the problem that there is no open-world RP on any of the RP servers that I've been on (six altogether). In addition, we're filled with non-RPers that have come to RP servers for "a better community." To me, this is nonsensical and I truly wish that they would have sought a different server. It does not make sense to me to create a character on an RP server if you have no intention of RPing.

My rant has ended.
Clan Brevyc

Drevenya - Shield Tech
Vozza - Bodyguard

LeavarionCL
05.03.2012 , 11:30 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
This is my first MMO as well.

In terms of RP servers, I expected them to remain RP-oriented. I imagined a server where players were continuously acting IC and I would see a great deal of interesting names and nicely created stories. However, with no kind of moderation at all, players that haven't come to an RP server to RP make ridiculous names and some give the RPers grief for RPing on an RP server. This has also created the problem that there is no open-world RP on any of the RP servers that I've been on (six altogether). In addition, we're filled with non-RPers that have come to RP servers for "a better community." To me, this is nonsensical and I truly wish that they would have sought a different server. It does not make sense to me to create a character on an RP server if you have no intention of RPing.

My rant has ended.
lol right I get it now. See I was on PvP server for awhile got my tank to lvl 47 then became abhorrently sick with all the morons that kept challenging me and I want to try something different. So I thank you for your information.
M Ganey-Diaz

flyersfan
05.04.2012 , 12:16 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LeavarionCL View Post
lol right I get it now. See I was on PvP server for awhile got my tank to lvl 47 then became abhorrently sick with all the morons that kept challenging me and I want to try something different. So I thank you for your information.
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.

If you'd like a PvE server, then I suggest Mind Trick. I have a few now abandoned characters over there, but it's a decent server. There are some good guilds and good people as well. It's a moderately populated server, but it's nice.
Clan Brevyc

Drevenya - Shield Tech
Vozza - Bodyguard