Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New to RP

05.03.2012 , 05:39 PM | #1
Hello, I have been playing PvP and found it utterly irritating not because I am bad at it because I don't want to run around looking over my back because some moron wants to test my character against his. So, suffice to say I am thinking of branching into RP-PvE more likely. Can anyone give me any advice ie what to focus on with solo playing and group playing, or if anyone would like to help me level etc, I'd be very grateful

05.07.2012 , 03:29 PM | #2
Sounds like you need to get yourself into an RP-PvE guild of some sort. You can always look up guilds using the official SWTOR site, or you can go forum hunting.

On Lord Adraas, I don't usually have a problem finding a group if I need a hand with something as most of my characters are unguilded.

Find a guild that suits you and your character, and you'll probably find that your RP and PvE endeavours are enhanced ten fold
Ganden Venorsi
Ataru shall set me free...

05.11.2012 , 06:57 AM | #3
My advice is to definitely branch out into RP-PvE. I'm going to talk about Lord Adraas server since that's what I know about. We have a mini RP community there made up of several guilds (JEDL for Jedi, RSOG - Troopers\Smugglers, SITH Order - Sith, Mando'ade - Bounty Hunters\Agents) so there's a place for everyone. There is also a healthy love of PvP so when you want to jump into warzones that is always an option.

As for leveling, I pretty much just do quests along with all Bonus or Stage add-ons for the extra xp and supplement that with the PvP daily. I generally skip heroics and flashpoints - they just take too long to organize and if the group fizzles or someone rage quits then you just wasted valuable time you could have been questing imo.

If nothing else, check out the site and read about the different guilds - maybe you see something you like; maybe you don't.