Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost my security key - Can't play

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Lost my security key - Can't play

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JasperCLA
12.17.2011 , 06:39 PM | #1
Hello everyone

I've contacted support a lot of times with the issue of not being able to play, because I don't have my security key anymore. It's a long story, please don't ask .

It has been 2 days without swtor (hell) and the only thing they do is sending me a defenition of what a security key is.

Thank you for contacting us with your query on Security key.

A Security Key provides an optional extra layer of security for your game account. The key generates a unique, time-sensitive, extra password for your account. This makes it more difficult for someone to gain access to your account through hacking or phishing attempts.

There are two types of Star Wars: The Old Republic Security Key available:
• The Physical Security Key comes free with the Collector’s Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic, and is available for purchase online, or through selected retail partners.
• The Mobile Security Key is available for the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and certain Android and Blackberry devices.
To purchase a Security Key online, or to add a Security Key to your account, please visit our Security Key website."

Could someone please help me? I would love to continue my saga, or at least join the queue's again (I even beginning to miss them lol)

Thanks in advance

Jasper C.
Ravenous - TRE

TomWhiting
12.17.2011 , 06:42 PM | #2
You need to call them.
They've said many, many times on the forums that the only thing they can do in case of security options is to pick up the phone, wade through the queues and call them.

princerick
12.17.2011 , 06:42 PM | #3
I'd like some support as well as I want to de-activate my security key and they keep replying by pasting the definition of security key...

Ratae
12.17.2011 , 06:47 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

For reasons of security, the only way for us to discuss personal and security data issues is directly with a customer on the phone.

We realise that the lines are very busy at present and would like to thank you in advance for your patience.

Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

JasperCLA
12.17.2011 , 06:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TomWhiting View Post
You need to call them.
They've said many, many times on the forums that the only thing they can do in case of security options is to pick up the phone, wade through the queues and call them.
Great, making expensive international calls, just what I love to do. Thanks for the advice.
Ravenous - TRE