Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Sage viable?

AdamLKvist
12.20.2011 , 11:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MrShortyLeg View Post
So, can a Sage do decent amount of damadge without having to sacrifice the heal ability?
No. To be a viable healer you need to spec and build your way through the Seer tree, else you wont be able to keep up with the damage output.

Btw, yes, (OF COURSE) dps sage is viable...

Klaxius
12.20.2011 , 11:36 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MrShortyLeg View Post
So, can a Sage do decent amount of damadge without having to sacrifice the heal ability?
Yup. Just a hint...to be effective in PvP as a healer you don't have to have 31 points into Seer.

Edit-Don't listen to this guy above me . You have to spec into Seer a ways, but you dont need the 31 pt ability.
Klaxius <BH>
Bloodfin SWG The Fatman SWTOR
Emergency Technician

Khadroth
12.20.2011 , 11:52 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Klaxius View Post
Yup. Just a hint...to be effective in PvP as a healer you don't have to have 31 points into Seer.

Edit-Don't listen to this guy above me . You have to spec into Seer a ways, but you dont need the 31 pt ability.
Yep. Really all you need is 2 talent points to be able to function early on. Even still as a DPS sage you won't heal for that much less than a full on Seer. The big difference comes in the form of healing efficiecy, speed, and different types of heals, not strength.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

GamewizX
12.20.2011 , 04:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Tele tree is meh, but as far as serious PvE/PvP, Seer is where it's at. Every point you put in, increases your Presence so I don't see why someone would go any route other than Healer.
I have to completely disagree with this assessment. The DPS a Telekinetic Sage can output is easily just as good as any other DPS class out there, not to mention our off-heals (for those oh sh** moments) and great crowd control abilities.

And not sure where you are getting this information that Presence increases every time you put a point into Seer... And for PvP that is utterly worthless anyways since you can't have companions in Warzones.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)