Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Sage viable?

Lonewolf
12.17.2011 , 06:34 PM | #1
Is a DPS sage viable, as I am concerned its not a realistic possibility as I believe there will be a majority of healing sages at endgame
Ryuwolf- Empire Sniper - Red Eclipse

Sindorin
12.17.2011 , 07:45 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Is a DPS sage viable, as I am concerned its not a realistic possibility as I believe there will be a majority of healing sages at endgame
Tele tree is meh, but as far as serious PvE/PvP, Seer is where it's at. Every point you put in, increases your Presence so I don't see why someone would go any route other than Healer.
< White Rose >
For The Republic!
Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!

EvaLee
12.17.2011 , 07:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Tele tree is meh, but as far as serious PvE/PvP, Seer is where it's at. Every point you put in, increases your Presence so I don't see why someone would go any route other than Healer.
Wut? I play Tele Sage and in every warzone I'm either 1, 2 or 3 in terms of highest damage output.

Adryn
12.18.2011 , 01:40 AM | #4
way back when the classes were announced bio said ok you can be tank, healer, dps, if you want but you don't have to be all classes are viable for an alternative. but people are people, whats the the poor shmuck dps sage forced to do group after group?...no one even bothers to ask, they just charge in assuming your gonna start healing...freaking nightmare.

But yes, dps sage IS completely viable and can pack a punch just make sure people know your dps.

trentman
12.18.2011 , 09:38 PM | #5
im dps balance spec and im topping the damage charts and kills all the time, at first it was tough but you really start to shine in your late 20's

Kugalojan
12.19.2011 , 05:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by trentman View Post
im dps balance spec and im topping the damage charts and kills all the time, at first it was tough but you really start to shine in your late 20's
this, exactly. Balance sage are so awsome after a particular level.
If your more familiar with wow, its a class relative to shadow priests and a tad of warlocks. DoT damages and instant casts = win
I can haz creditzzz?

Gelos
12.19.2011 , 05:52 AM | #7
Where do you get this every point you put in, it increases your Presence? I haven't seen that tooltip ...is that a specific power or something?

Alihana
12.19.2011 , 07:18 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Choose balance /check
choose willpower for your first stat /check

dps inc!

Khadroth
12.19.2011 , 07:56 AM | #9
It's only "meh" if you haven't played it... or if you're a sheep.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

MrShortyLeg
12.20.2011 , 10:31 AM | #10
So, can a Sage do decent amount of damadge without having to sacrifice the heal ability?
[CENTER] ▂ ▃ ▅ Shorty ▅ ▃ ▂