Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for May 11th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for May 11th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Valkirus
05.04.2012 , 04:30 PM | #21
Do you have any plans at this time to add a cross server LFG tool for PVE? And will that tool include Operations? IF not, can you explain to us how a same server LFG tool will be successful on low pop servers?

Also any plans on making the crafting in TOR stronger? With real reasons to level one apart from just making credits or Biochem? I guess I am saying are there plans to encourage the player to want to level his professions so the items he makes for himself can be comparable to heroic 4 man levels? And not just earings and implants, but armor and weapons.
Trust is something which is earned.

ezy_ryder
05.04.2012 , 04:32 PM | #22
After reading April 27th's Q & A, a question came up when I read the answer about character transfers. It appears from the wording of the answer that free transfers will only be allowed to certain servers. I rerolled from zez-kai-el to ajunta pall, leaving 1 50, and 2 30s behind on zez. So do I essentially have to get lucky/hope that ajunta pall is one of the servers I can transfer to for free? Or will I be able to merge the characters from both servers onto another server all for free? I just don't want there to be a situation where I have to pay for a transfer because I picked the "wrong" server to reroll on.

Alxandria
05.04.2012 , 04:33 PM | #23
I had a question regarding presence and it's exact effect on our Companions. The bonus health on the tool-tip is obvious, however the bonus damage and healing is not. Are these stats flat numbers that lose their weight the higher in levels, or is it supposed to be a scaling buff of sorts that is as effective in higher levels as it is in lower levels? Also, besides health, does Presence have any other effects that would say be useful for a tanking companion (armor, defense, absorption etc)?

Really the more detailed you can get on Presense, the better!

Thank You

hargrave
05.04.2012 , 04:37 PM | #24
how is swtor going to compete with gw2 open world wvw/rvr pvp? This is a legitimate question that needs answering in "detail" not just PR/fluff answer please.
We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team.James Ohlen Ilum is bieng reworked as it wasnt a fun or exciting experience

Zannis
05.04.2012 , 04:39 PM | #25
It's been stated in the past that the group finder, coming to us soon in 1.3, will be server only for PvE. How do you plan on having the feature succeed on lower population servers/factions?

Gnoblesse
05.04.2012 , 04:43 PM | #26
Is PvP healing where you want it to be now? (This ties into the TTK question asked earlier.)

Tomisu
05.04.2012 , 04:46 PM | #27
Do you have a goal or idea of how much time it should take a level-appropriate, well-geared and knowledgeable group to clear a flashpoint? If so, what is the goal and do the numbers show you are near it? By well-geared, I mean most boss drops in the instance won't be useful to characters as they already have or surpass the gear that drops.

IMHO, they generally take too long, excluding Black Talon of course, largely due to amount of trash and conversations (especially if someone doesn't spacebar through them). Twenty to thirty minutes would be the goal if I could set it.

Zuuf
05.04.2012 , 04:48 PM | #28
Without going into too many details about the technical limitations of the existing 32-bit client and SWTOR's disk caching scheme, I've taken the plunge and opted to keep all of the tor files and the disk cache loaded in RAM. This works fine and circumvents many of the loading issues that I found annoying for the moment. It also eliminated any concerns I had about decreasing the life expectancy of my SSD from the shear volume of disk writes for the caching of data. However, as more content is released, I anticipate that one day the amount of tor file data will exceed the amount of RAM I have installed on my system. Could you publish and maintain a listing of which operations, wargrames, special effects, planets and flashpoints are located in which data sets?

This would provide an authoritative index of the data without requiring folks to attempt to unpack and decipher your data files. The end result would be that more people will be in a position to better utilize RAM drives both today and in the future.

RKLimes
05.04.2012 , 04:53 PM | #29
I recall a dev post indicating the results of transferring a character with a legacy from one server onto another where a legacy also exists, the highest level legacy would simple be applied rather than added.

Since higher legacy level does not necessarily equal greatest number of legacy unlocks, will any and all unlocks be granted from both legacies, or only those of the highest?

Thanks!

Irridium
05.04.2012 , 04:55 PM | #30
Any plans to add a "Legacy Bank" of some sort? Or perhaps make your personal bank the same through out your legacy. Like say I deposit something with my Agent, and then sign on with my Smuggler, I can take what my agent deposited out of the bank.

It would make transferring items/money across all your characters much easier. Are there any plans to implement something like this?
Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them your a mile away and have their shoes.