Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for May 11th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for May 11th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Philosomanic
05.04.2012 , 04:01 PM | #11
Why is it that some Companions have a base attack, while their mirrors for other classes do not? For example, my Trooper's companion M1-4X (Ranged Tank) has a skill called Turret Fire. It's a no-cost, no-cooldown, weak 30m ranged attack. However, my Consular's companion Felix Iresso has no mirror skill, and no skill that replaces it. This makes M1-4X far better at tanking from range than Iresso. I've noticed the same disparity with Healing companions (Tharan Cedrax and Elara Dorne).
PvP Dacromir -- Vanguard -- Level 50 PvE
The Imp'Crusher Legacy
<Something Offensive>
The Bastion

Lorrimar
05.04.2012 , 04:01 PM | #12
Last week I asked the question regarding availability of green & orange +41 stat color crystals. Thank you very much for your response. It seemed to indicate that Orange was currently a PvE crystal color & Green was a PvP only crystal color if you want one with +41 stats. My question this week is: Are there any plans for adding Orange crystals for PvP & Green crystals for PvE with +41 stats on them?

Gidoru
05.04.2012 , 04:06 PM | #13
This is regarding Huttball and imbalances that exist between certain classes. Currently in Huttball, certian classes have huge advantages, to they point where, without them you have a considerably lesser chance of winning. The classes i speak of are namely Sages, Guardians and their imperial counterparts that are able to leap and pull across the map granting great mobility. Any chance of changes that prevent the ball carrier from using abilities like leap or being pulled?

Rashne
05.04.2012 , 04:07 PM | #14
Legacy encourages you to roll many alts, which is great but right now the maximum amount of characters per server is 8. Any plans to increase this number? I would probably make one of every AC in the same Legacy if I had the room.
The Eirene Legacy of Corellian Run
December 13th, 2011 Early Access Collectors Edition
Rashne - 50 Shadow : Andreas - 50 Vanguard : Ceridor - 50 Sentinel : Kara'th - 50 Assassin : Rycerk - 50 Sniper

ladojrs
05.04.2012 , 04:07 PM | #15
How many weeks in a row has it been that Bioware has failed to address a single question regarding the PVP problem in regards to server population and server imbalance? Why do you guys continue to keep your heads buried in the sand while subscribers leave the game in droves? On my server, the biggest populated guild by far, has decided to quit the game. The guild has lost more then 200 members. Do you guys not consider this a problem? By the end of the month several new MMO's are coming out that will draw people away. You guys are constantly ignoring the largest player base of your game (i.e. PVPers), and it is a serious mistake.

Maxumus
05.04.2012 , 04:07 PM | #16
Any chance of adding high level world bosses to lower level planets to give incentive for higher levels to revisit? Something like a Krayt Dragon on Tatooine or a boss wampa on Hoth. You could add an instance area to prevent low levels from accidently accessing it and getting 1 shot so they don't have to worry about that.

Krodah
05.04.2012 , 04:20 PM | #17
when will rated warzones be added?

Fozziwig
05.04.2012 , 04:20 PM | #18
Can you provide any insight into the changes you are working on to open world PvP, and when they might launch?

Jerro
05.04.2012 , 04:26 PM | #19
Are you sure that your metrics for warzones are correct?

DonSasquatcho
05.04.2012 , 04:27 PM | #20
Low population is starting to be an issue in my server and ... really, I enjoy the game a lot less... both PVP and PVE.
I'm sure you know how important this is to the players and I'm sure you are already doing something about it... can you share it with us? It would give us hope that something is coming before people decide to do something drastic.