Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A May 4th, 2012 Blog Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A May 4th, 2012 Blog Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
05.03.2012 , 12:59 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Discuss this week's Community Q&A blog in this thread!

-Dench
05.04.2012 , 03:38 PM | #2
The GTN, economy, and crafting are dead because the GTN IS BROKEN, and has been for weeks.
New England Bay - NE|B - A New England based guild http://newenglandbay.com/

Korusus
05.04.2012 , 03:52 PM | #3
The GTN definitely needs some work beyond just linking the 2 factions. It's almost...not quite...but almost entirely useless at this point. Perhaps linking between servers?

DarthZaul
05.04.2012 , 03:57 PM | #4
A simple 'No' would have done, lol. I wish I asked a better question now, he made that 1 sound stupid.

Allyhoo
05.04.2012 , 04:00 PM | #5
A second week of (for the most part) well chosen and well answered questions. I glad some PVP questions were answered for those asking about them last week. We also got some story-related and PVE questions answered.

The crafting/GTN questions were answered in abundance. The information was overall useful and I'm glad to see they are actively trying to improve the economy (it definitely needs some love).

I also really appreciate the SWTOR dev team taking the time to answer more than the promised 10 questions this week

If I had one complaint: it would be that at least for a few weeks, I'd like to see the Q&A focus less on crafting mechanics and more on PVP/PVE mechanics.

Again, overall I really think the quality of the Q&A is improving and I love seeing that.

Dezzi
05.04.2012 , 04:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZaul View Post
A simple 'No' would have done, lol. I wish I asked a better question now, he made that 1 sound stupid.
He did make it sound stupid, but that's because he was side-stepping the real issue. Instead of commenting on what players do, he ignores the lack of incentive for players to do something else. If RE'ing an item is supposed to discourage dropping 500 boots on the GTN, then RE'ing is clearly not discouraging this behavior. There needs to be more incentives to enter the economy.

Every time I log in, I look for heavy armor pieces for my 30 Power Tech, but there is a dearth of appropriate gear. The same is true of my 28 Sniper, who apparently doesn't need to use the GTN for armor at all.
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

grezgorz
05.04.2012 , 04:03 PM | #7
Quote:
Rarer rewards tend to return less often than more common rewards.
-_-

Now that is a Friday afternoon type of response. Hahaha!

Dezzi
05.04.2012 , 04:05 PM | #8
I can't help but feel like the move to "design decision" questions is a thinly-veiled attempt to avoid answering tougher questions. Still, the communication is welcome.
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

Molik
05.04.2012 , 04:06 PM | #9
nothing for the 4th? No cool in game event. Know your busy fixing those bugs.

Loving it by the way.
Be cool to see something in game for the 4th of mAy.

"May the 4th be with you"
BETA TESTER

"Beating CE VIP's with darkside madness"

DarthZaul
05.04.2012 , 04:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzi View Post
Every time I log in, I look for heavy armor pieces for my 30 Power Tech, but there is a dearth of appropriate gear. The same is true of my 28 Sniper, who apparently doesn't need to use the GTN for armor at all.
A while ago I re-rolled my alts when legacy turned out not to be cross server and now I get gear for myself from quests or cybertech but while I used to buy my companions a new set of gear every few levels, now I can't cos there is just nothing there to buy.