Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remote holovid conversations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Remote holovid conversations

aarowill
12.17.2011 , 06:26 PM | #1
I remember seeing an interview where one of the devs said that if your in a group and your group member is far away, they can still participate in conversations via a holovid call.

anyone know anything about this? how and where it can be done?

Jaisen-Naritus
12.17.2011 , 06:27 PM | #2
If you're far away from your group and they initiate a group conversation, an option pops up that allows you to participate via holo-vid.
Republic Commando

FieryWinds
12.17.2011 , 06:27 PM | #3
AFAIK, it doesn't work in Heroic Missions or Flashpoints, but if you're grouping up for side quests, you can jump in via holovid.

Mandrax
12.17.2011 , 06:28 PM | #4
Yup and I've done it. If you are grouped for say a heroic, next time don't run back to the quest giver when the heroic is done, instead wait for the invitation to join via holo.
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

aarowill
12.17.2011 , 06:28 PM | #5
Do you guys know how many quests are actually capable of this, me and my mate cant get it to work

Mandrax
12.17.2011 , 06:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by FieryWinds View Post
AFAIK, it doesn't work in Heroic Missions or Flashpoints, but if you're grouping up for side quests, you can jump in via holovid.
Worked for a heroic for me, one of the ones on Dromund Kaas.
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

Darth_Fu
12.17.2011 , 06:29 PM | #7
its an option in the settings to allow group conversations i believe its under the grouping heading in prefrances. it has to be turned on for it to work.
These Queue things you speak of... are they a rare drop? i have never seen one. - Darth_Fu
The problem isn't the question, but rather understanding the answer.
The truth is only what you believe it to be... until proven otherwise.

aarowill
12.17.2011 , 06:29 PM | #8
so it seems only heroics are capable of this?

Darth_Fu
12.17.2011 , 06:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by aarowill View Post
so it seems only heroics are capable of this?
no you can do it in all quests that you are in a party with see my previous post.
These Queue things you speak of... are they a rare drop? i have never seen one. - Darth_Fu
The problem isn't the question, but rather understanding the answer.
The truth is only what you believe it to be... until proven otherwise.

aarowill
12.17.2011 , 06:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Fu View Post
no you can do it in all quests that you are in a party with see my previous post.
I dont see any grouping heading or section in preferences.
you are talking about pressing esc then preferences right?