Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Allow other crafting profession with biochem!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Allow other crafting profession with biochem!

Kinnunen
05.03.2012 , 02:12 AM | #1
I am really disappointed with the crafting system, but more so, that something that in every other mmo is something everyone can select multiple crafting professions, this cap of 1 is stupid beyond imagination and makes it impossible for players to be crafter's at the same time as you pvp/raid.

It's just not possible to spam adrenal every 3 minutes for 3+ hours every day in pvp or raids if your not biochem. On top of that, you just can't beat free stim.

Why is it so hard to fix this problems and just makes everyone select 3 profession they want?
Use my referral link to get goodies and a week of referral play time!
http://www.swtor.com/r/YqgmhT

Milkshakus
05.03.2012 , 02:34 AM | #2
because there would be no economy
Shakus Milks

GenMacG
05.03.2012 , 05:31 AM | #3
It would suffice if the reusable stims/adrenals/medpacs could be used by non-biochemists. Maybe nerf those a bit to increase the gap to the (still exclusive to biochemists) Rakata stuff.
I'm Rick James *****

ekimmak
05.03.2012 , 05:51 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by GenMacG View Post
It would suffice if the reusable stims/adrenals/medpacs could be used by non-biochemists.
This is where I am beyond stupefied. Why in the world is the biochemist produce limited to biochem users? No other crafting skill in the game has such a ridiculously stupid limitation, why is the most useful craftables locked to only those who craft it? That is the exact opposite of encouraging people to try different crew skills.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

hchsiao
05.03.2012 , 06:38 AM | #5
First time play MMO? All the artifice (purple color) item are bop which means restrict to the crafter own useage. It force player to make decision on what is best for them. If you want unlimited med pack, adrenal. buff and min/max type of guy you can always drop what you had and pick up biochem. You don't see none-jewel crafter demanding JC gem in wow.

Wesgile
05.03.2012 , 06:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by hchsiao View Post
First time play MMO? All the artifice (purple color) item are bop which means restrict to the crafter own useage. It force player to make decision on what is best for them. If you want unlimited med pack, adrenal. buff and min/max type of guy you can always drop what you had and pick up biochem. You don't see none-jewel crafter demanding JC gem in wow.
doesn't mean its the best way to do things, short of being ridiculously stupid.
what? cause our dear leader said so?
大丈夫だ、問題ない。

FalcoLombardi
05.03.2012 , 06:58 AM | #7
All they really need to do is allow the reusable stims to be traded, or at least bound to account. Could possibly kill the BioChem crafting economy though
......|||
======= God Bless
......|||
......|||

DawnAskham
05.03.2012 , 07:08 AM | #8
I think they should go in one of two directions...

Either allow ALL crafted items to be traded and used by any player OR balance the BOP benefits among the crafting professions so they each provide similar benefits (both in stats and convenience).

The first solution would be very easy to implement, simply drop the 'requires Biochem' and 'BOP' from all craftable items. Let everything be freely traded.

The second solution would require a bit more work to provide balanced craft specific benefits or items among the trades, though could be done easily through passive bonuses 'unlocked' with player level / skill level.

In all cases, I'd probably kill off reusable adrenals for everyone and / or put adrenals in with medpacks and the 'once per battle' rule along with prohibiting them in ranked PVP.

hchsiao
05.03.2012 , 07:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wesgile View Post
doesn't mean its the best way to do things, short of being ridiculously stupid.
what? cause our dear leader said so?
Why is it stupid? Those artifice item are bonus reward for pick up crew skill. If you want unlimited med pack and so, than you can't have artifice bracer, belt or relic or bomb. Player pick up biochem can't use other crew skill's best item, why should you be able to use their best item while keep your own crew skill?

It is same reason that 2 hr flask timer (alchemy), jc gem (Jewel craft ), extra gem socket (blacksmith), bracer enchant (leatherwork), ring enchant (enchanting), shoulder enchant (inscription.), cloak enchant (tailor) and gadget (engineering.) are restrict to their profession.

TheOnyxHero
05.03.2012 , 07:28 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by hchsiao View Post
Why is it stupid? Those artifice item are bonus reward for pick up crew skill. If you want unlimited med pack and so, than you can't have artifice bracer, belt or relic or bomb. Player pick up biochem can't use other crew skill's best item, why should you be able to use their best item while keep your own crew skill?

It is same reason that 2 hr flask timer (alchemy), jc gem (Jewel craft ), extra gem socket (blacksmith), bracer enchant (leatherwork), ring enchant (enchanting), shoulder enchant (inscription.), cloak enchant (tailor) and gadget (engineering.) are restrict to their profession.
Except orange belt and bracers cannot be augmented (right now) and are going to be better than any crit crafted belt or bracer crafted by a synthweaver. Artificer's can craft new 61 enhancement which are BOE, as well as tons of new color crystals (BOE), critical lightsabers (BOE), and possibly 61 hilts (unsure? BOE) and BOE Campaign relics possibly with an augment slot. Also, pretty funny, the PVP shells you can craft for Synthweaving cannot even be RE'd unless I buy armoring for all my uncrit crafts.

Biochem still has the best perk with BOP reusable until they make a new tier of stims. It's still what tempting me to go back, and even if they make a new tier of consumables, being able to save 200k or MORE a night for stims off the GTN is more than a great benefit.

The Fatman, the largest servers in SWTOR, there is only ONE crafter of Exotech Fortitude Stims and ZERO Exotech Absorb Stims from when I've looked during the week. And they are pretty pricey. Why does Biochem get such a cornered market on crap like this when no other profession does? Make 50 stims accessible. Everyone other profession right now, besides 61 (campaign) gear, is just a saturated market, there's tons of augment gear, weapons, crystals and everything else from all the other crafting professions, except for Biochem, because Exotech only drops from raids, and is rare as hell.
The Harbinger
Assassin Marauder Marauder Sentinel
Referral Link | Referral Info | Reddit New and Returning Player FAQ