Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Second Great Galactic War possibilities

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Second Great Galactic War possibilities

JediMasterYuvan
05.03.2012 , 01:34 AM | #1
It's official!! Since the Treaty of Coruscant is broken, there is now a Second Great Galactic War.

Factors for the start of the war:
  • : The Jedi Knight killed Tarnis
: Darth Baras sent his apprentice to start Plan Zero

Now since there is open warfare between the Republic and Sith Empire, what possibilities of battles will there be? Who could possibly show up in this War? Will people defect to the other side? What we do know is:

1) Revan's supposed "death" is ambiguous
2) The Sith Emperor is gone, not dead
3) The Sith Empire is now more dangerous and in chaos because of the Emperor's "death"
4) The Treaty of Coruscant was broken

Ausstig
05.03.2012 , 02:34 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterYuvan View Post
It's official!! Since the Treaty of Coruscant is broken, there is now a Second Great Galactic War.

Factors for the start of the war:
  • : The Jedi Knight killed Tarnis
: Darth Baras sent his apprentice to start Plan Zero

Now since there is open warfare between the Republic and Sith Empire, what possibilities of battles will there be? Who could possibly show up in this War? Will people defect to the other side? What we do know is:

1) Revan's supposed "death" is ambiguous
2) The Sith Emperor is gone, not dead
3) The Sith Empire is now more dangerous and in chaos because of the Emperor's "death"
4) The Treaty of Coruscant was broken
Just to point out , the emperor has had nothing to do with SIth government sinces the end of GW1, so I doubt anyone will notice.

another point

5) I sense a conflict brewing between General Garza and the Chancellor especially as

Spoiler
Have Force lightning will travel

Ranadiel_Marius
05.03.2012 , 05:48 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
Just to point out , the emperor has had nothing to do with SIth government sinces the end of GW1, so I doubt anyone will notice.

another point

5) I sense a conflict brewing between General Garza and the Chancellor especially as

Spoiler
The Emperor's Voice has been in communication with the the Dark Council to some extent or another since the end of GW1, so the absence of the Emperor(or more specifically the Voice) will likely have some ramifications in terms of the power structure. Well at least until his inevitable return.

As for Garza and the Chancellor:
Spoiler
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

LeeC
05.03.2012 , 08:48 AM | #4
My guess is the next x-pac will be called total war or the great war or something to that effect. I was confused at the end of the knight story as to what the galactic state was. It seemed like corellia pretty much sparked the war again and you feel it a bit on Ilum but nothing else has addressed this.

undercat
05.03.2012 , 02:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
As for Garza and the Chancellor:
Spoiler
Spoiler

JediMasterYuvan
05.03.2012 , 05:40 PM | #6
[QUOTE=Ranadiel_Marius;4238741]The Emperor's Voice has been in communication with the the Dark Council to some extent or another since the end of GW1, so the absence of the Emperor(or more specifically the Voice) will likely have some ramifications in terms of the power structure. Well at least until his inevitable return.

I know that. The Sith Emperor's true Voice and the Emperor's agents have still been in contact, including the Wrath. The knowledge of the Sith Emperor's survival is kept in secret.

But in the Jedi Knight Story, after the defeat of the Sith Emperor on Dromund Kaas, along with the Knight's success on Corellia, the Sith Empire was in chaos and further more dangerous than they were before his "death."

As for the politics, Saresh was elected Supreme Chancellor after the previous Supreme Chancellor was assassinated by the bounty hunter. After she was elected, Taris was taken by the Sith Empire.

Also considering the Sith Emperor's survival, the plot later on will be like Harry Potter: The Sith Emperor is gonna keep his rebirth a secret until the day his rebirth comes to light, then he'll wage a ruthless war.

Ranadiel_Marius
05.03.2012 , 06:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by undercat View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler

Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterYuvan View Post
As for the politics, Saresh was elected Supreme Chancellor after the previous Supreme Chancellor was assassinated by the bounty hunter. After she was elected, Taris was taken by the Sith Empire.
Spoiler
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Kaisernick
05.04.2012 , 01:39 AM | #8
Spoiler