Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What was the point of disabling Exit Area? Stuck in Mind Trap for 20mins!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
What was the point of disabling Exit Area? Stuck in Mind Trap for 20mins!!

AesirUesugi
05.03.2012 , 03:04 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Maestrodomus View Post
Probably massive exaggeration from the OP for a reason to come here and QQ to bioware.
My thoughts aswell.

Chaqen
05.03.2012 , 04:04 PM | #22
I haven't seen any bugs with Soa since 1.2, and have found the fight to be super easy, have one shot him on HM with people that never have done him before even.

When it comes to SM EC, i have not witnessed a single bug besides some of the trash respwaning (not a bug that would cause a wipe on a boss), and what i have seen/read of HM EC it is just the final boss that has a bug that makes him unbeatable... but i am sure very few players of this game are actually effected by that bug at this time.

So i call BS on the majority of people that come on here and complain that they need the "exit area button" in combat to prevent meaningless deaths due to buggy raid content...Start listing/reporting/verifying the bugs if you guys are not full of BS.

Primarch_PWnD
05.03.2012 , 09:12 PM | #23
So i merged my tiny guild with a larger one awhile ago, and started going through the operations with them, and with some pugs. I found that while doing it with the new guild, every time someone died, they'd call out "x was bugged".

To be honest, i am very rarely effected by these "bugs" that some people seem to be a magnet for, and it seems to me calling "bug" on everything is more a face-saving measure for people with too big an ego to admit a mistake.

As it turns out, this larger guild collapsed on itself under the weight of massive egos of people who were, in their own words, better than us new people who joined (my group and others that merged too). Oddly enough, they were those people who seemed magnets for bugs that the rest of us never saw.

PS, The Ascended from Davik's Estate can continue to give each other virtual-head, while those of us who "suck" are laughing at them, bug free.

dcgregorya
05.04.2012 , 01:44 PM | #24
Exit area during a boss fight is a great way to get locked out of the instance, have to reset the instance and clear all the trash or otherwise waste a huge amount of time.

Just use /stuck, jump off something (no repair costs for falling deaths) or otherwise off yourself so that the boss resets properly. Any raid leader that'd let you do something that could set back the entire raid for 10+ minutes to avoid marginal repair costs is a bad raid leader.

TheronFett
05.04.2012 , 02:10 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MrLeee View Post
Tonight me and another guy got trapped in a Mind Trap during SOA for 20mins.
You can also just leave the ops group, which will eject you from the instance.

ShadowAxx
05.04.2012 , 07:47 PM | #26
Failing to pay your TAXES, err REPAIR BILL, is an exploit. The repair costs mechanics are there to enhance the gaming experience for subscribers. If you aren't feeling the love from all of the credit sinks in the game then you're just not enjoying the game as intended. So in the words of GZ and the dev team, " **** *** and enjoy the game!".

Havocx
05.04.2012 , 08:02 PM | #27
This change made no one happy. This change made some people unhappy. Exiting an area to escape a few repairs was not breaking the game in the slightest. Bioware, get your priorities sorted out please. Was this change really the smart thing to do in your situation?

Stop wasting time taking away things that marginally benefit the player while dragging your behins on the real issues. I dont care if one guy spent 5 minutes on that change. That 5 minutes should have been spent getting coffee for the guys working on transfers.

SilverandGold
05.05.2012 , 09:45 PM | #28
if anything they should leave exit area pre change so we can escape any buggs bioware refuses to fix in order to avoid unnecessary wiper until they finally fix them.

ragamer
05.07.2012 , 04:30 PM | #29
Quote:
In short - disabling Exit Area was a bad move when there are numerous known bugs in Operations content across the board.
That would hold some weight IF...

...The most common use of "Exit Area" wasn't to avoid repair costs for NON TANKS on a regular wipe, that, in turn, presented a systematic bias on the "Operative Costs" for the tanks on any Guild so...

...BW fixed it in the right way, by reducing costs for EVERY1 to 1/3 and been sure that as much ppl as possible pay the same for failing an encounter.

So, again, ppl complaining about this are mostly the DPSers/Healers that got used to save extra credits each time a regular wipe was triggered...

...Meanwhile, ppl bothered by bugs...

...Complain about the bugs themselves, which must be fixed with independence on how some persons can overcome them...

...Not like the OP of this same thread that, trying to justify the real use (Saving costs on regular wipes) goes so far trying to dramatize the impact of bugs on OPs that he "creates" an impossible scenario with or without "exit area" in combat allowed.

ShadowAxx
05.07.2012 , 05:39 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ragamer View Post
...BW fixed it in the right way, by reducing costs for EVERY1 to 1/3 and been sure that as much ppl as possible pay the same for failing an encounter.
Sorry but this "fix" wan not necessary. As a guild, we help one another, and in this case we help those members who get hit with the repair costs when many of us could exit. Now, in many cases nobody can survive a wipe.

Result... more run out of money during long OPs play, thus we either can't finish or some members have stopped playing.

Removing the ability to exit so the entire team does not wipe is just another example of another stupid credit sink in the game and Bioware saying FU to it's subscribers.