Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What was the point of disabling Exit Area? Stuck in Mind Trap for 20mins!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
What was the point of disabling Exit Area? Stuck in Mind Trap for 20mins!!

MrLeee
05.02.2012 , 10:33 PM | #1
Tonight me and another guy got trapped in a Mind Trap during SOA for 20mins.

So SOA kills everyone and resets BUT we are still stuck in combat AND in the mind trap. Now normally we would just exit area, but for some unknown damn reason BioWare disables the use of exit area while still in combat.

TWENTY MINS go by and FINALLY it kills us. (yes we tried pretty much everything to get out)

What was the point of disabling Exit Area BioWare? So that people couldn't use it to get our of combat on fights and save a little credits on repair bills?
So getting sick of the OPS bugs and the dumb changes you guys are doing.

/frustrated!
Prefers blasters over hokey religions and ancient weapons.

Wallsie
05.02.2012 , 10:59 PM | #2
/stuck

Repair costs next to nothing now, quit being cheap and do a few dailies.

GhostNato
05.03.2012 , 12:01 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wallsie View Post
/stuck

Repair costs next to nothing now, quit being cheap and do a few dailies.
no i agree

Last night our group suffered many more deaths due to a operation being bugged out, and when the tanks went down, the rest of the group suffered for not being able to escape.

I see no point why Exit Area while in combat was removed

Fossman
05.03.2012 , 12:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MrLeee View Post
Tonight me and another guy got trapped in a Mind Trap during SOA for 20mins.

So SOA kills everyone and resets BUT we are still stuck in combat AND in the mind trap. Now normally we would just exit area, but for some unknown damn reason BioWare disables the use of exit area while still in combat.

TWENTY MINS go by and FINALLY it kills us. (yes we tried pretty much everything to get out)

What was the point of disabling Exit Area BioWare? So that people couldn't use it to get our of combat on fights and save a little credits on repair bills?
So getting sick of the OPS bugs and the dumb changes you guys are doing.

/frustrated!
Okay while I completely agree that it was a stupid idea on their part. Why on earth would you and your raid sit there for 20 minutes? You realize you could have just left the raid and been booted out of the instance in like 20 seconds right? <_<

Nikoliy
05.03.2012 , 12:41 AM | #5
FIX THE BUGS FIRST!!! Quit messing with **** that already works

GhostNato
05.03.2012 , 12:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nikoliy View Post
FIX THE BUGS FIRST!!! Quit messing with **** that already works
agreed, give us that ability back, fix all the stuff we have been asking of you for months now

dont fix what aint broke

MrLeee
05.03.2012 , 01:23 AM | #7
Sorry forgot to add, /stuck DID NOT work. It DID teleport me for about 1 foot, but it did not kill us. Not sure if it was because we where in combat, (which I did try and it does work) or *** was going on.

But changes like this (Exit Area) are REALLY stupid.
Prefers blasters over hokey religions and ancient weapons.

NasherUK
05.03.2012 , 06:22 AM | #8
Until they actually FIX the problems in ops and FPs they should have kept it as it was. No exit area in combat just makes the bugs (which have been around since beta) even worse.

The_Butler
05.03.2012 , 07:44 AM | #9
I thought the patch notes for 1.2 said that players would die in the Mindtrap if there for the full 2mins

Quote:
•Soa's Mind Traps now kill players who are stuck inside the trap for the full 2-minute duration.
Is this bugged or have I misunderstood what that meant...

Vankris
05.03.2012 , 07:49 AM | #10
how about, the exit area button have 2 functionality

- if you aren't in combat, you exit the area
- if you are in combat, it's a suicide button, you just have to release to be revive in front of the instance.