Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Jedi counsel in this game are just dumb.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Jedi counsel in this game are just dumb.

Tiar
05.02.2012 , 10:59 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Oddzball View Post
No kidding. You would be dead in the blink of an eye for talking back to your master as a Sith. Dead or seriously beat the heck out of.

Honestly, they just shouldn't have let you be a lightside Sith or Darkside Jedi if there weren't going to be any realistic consequences for it.
The game wouldn't be interesting if Jedi were forced to only be light sided and Sith were forced to be dark sided. Not every sith was a crazed cold blooded murderer who would stop and kick a puppy just for s & g's. Why kill something if you can dominate it and bend it to your will? I can see a Sith being somewhat lightside, since it's up to each person to twist and interpret the code to suit his or her own agenda.

Spoiler

However, the Jedi code is strict and leaves little to no room for personal interpretation. Dark side Jedi would be cast out of the order shortly after the first infraction, or in extreme cases, be imprisioned.
"This dish is so poorly prepped, EA is trying to publish it."
"Install WoW in 2 easy steps!"
"Step 1: Remove side panel from your tower case."
"Step 2: Deuce on your hard drive."

Aussiedroid
05.02.2012 , 11:09 PM | #22
I think it would be cool if they did boot you out, and then your game takes a different path back to 'switch teams' to the Imperials. Also could happen in the opposite direction too.

Could happen at set cross over points that then tie into the opposite sides story.

But anyways .. it is the way it is now ... unfortunately
... No, I'm not the droid your looking for!

Darth_Moonshadow
05.02.2012 , 11:26 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Oddzball View Post
No kidding. You would be dead in the blink of an eye for talking back to your master as a Sith. Dead or seriously beat the heck out of.

Honestly, they just shouldn't have let you be a lightside Sith or Darkside Jedi if there weren't going to be any realistic consequences for it.
It's probably because you have Force powers too. Play the Imperial Agent storyline and backtalk Darth Jadus. He is not a man to be effed with.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

lokdron
05.03.2012 , 12:00 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
It's probably because you have Force powers too. Play the Imperial Agent storyline and backtalk Darth Jadus. He is not a man to be effed with.
I don't know why you would back talk the guy he is dam cool. My friends say when you do back talk him you come down with case called lightning.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

OmySpy
05.03.2012 , 12:11 AM | #25
Be on the lookout for the next TOR Expansion!

Spend 12 years on your starter planet, learning the ways of the force like a true Jedi!

But be careful! One mistake and your character is bumped down to working in the library for the rest of his life!

Darth_Kael
05.03.2012 , 12:25 AM | #26
@OP
Seeing as how you did ask about who wrote this and it hasnt been answered the writer for the JK story line and everything your character goes through class-story-wise(including LS/DS choices and what they affect) is Drew Karpyshyn. He is the author of the Darth Bane, the Revan books Kotor and a few other Bioware projects. So now you know who is behind it.

Darth_Moonshadow
05.03.2012 , 12:50 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
I don't know why you would back talk the guy he is dam cool. My friends say when you do back talk him you come down with case called lightning.
Because I'm a cheeky little monkey and it made me giggle.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Spartanik
05.03.2012 , 01:30 AM | #28
Quote:
I did ALL the bad things, talked back as much as possible, MURDERED like 5 people before i even left tython.

And I still got to be a Jedi Knight.

Really? That crap would NEVER fly in the lore.

No never happen....
Anakin atack of the clones slaughtering an entire village of sand people... and still made jedi knight later on....
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Mutive
05.03.2012 , 05:31 AM | #29
I personally like to think that the Jedi believe in the good in any person. At some level, they're convinced that if they just give my psychopath of a Jedi Counselor enough time outs and explanations as to why slaughtering people is bad, that she'll be saved and join the fold.

I can assure that this is not going to happen. But I find it kind of hilarious to think of the Jedi Council as living in this sunshine and rainbows world where everyone eventually makes the right decision given long enough, and that every soul can be saved.

VanorDM
05.03.2012 , 11:02 AM | #30
The DS Jedi and LS sith are most likely not the canon version of the story in the first place, so they for all intents simply don't count.