Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is this for?

Taggas
05.02.2012 , 08:41 PM | #1
Seriously, i dont see the big deal with crew skill? What are they for really? They seem like a bit of a waste of time, effort and cash.

PaniMauser
05.02.2012 , 09:45 PM | #2
Here's the hint: some people just enjoy crafting Not your cup of tea? No one's forcing you to take up a craft.

ekimmak
05.02.2012 , 09:57 PM | #3
Depends on how much time and money you put into it. I'm of the theory that an artificer, cybertech, and synthweaver (all force classes) could support each other to the end of the game. For example:

Cybertech: Makes armouring and mods, meaning those mods no longer need to be bought from comms vendors.
Artifice: Makes crystals, enhancements and hilts, meaning those mods no longer need to be bought from comms vendors
Synthweaving: Makes armours (some of them moddable) and augments (possibly?). Can be used as a way to replace gear instead of mods, or at least gives another income for that gear
Armourmech: Same as synthweaving, I think. Only for cunning/aim instead of strength/willpower.
Armstech: Makes barrels, meaning those mods no longer need to be bought from comms vendors. Also makes several different types of weapons for most stats, an alternative to mods.
Biochem: Makes medpacs, stims and adrenals. Gives a way to get them in the field easily, with enough effort they become reusable (Extremely useful)

The way I see it, someone with several alts at roughly the same level makes both them and their companions superior to someone who relies on credits, commendations and random drops. The downside is the credits and time needed to run it.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.