Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

UI Feature Feedback Request

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Saregon
05.02.2012 , 03:49 PM | #11
Menu of selectable color schemes! The blue is obnoxious.

Red
Green
GRAY!
BLACK!

You get the idea.
N e v e r . F o r g e t
Here is my Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/R8kSmL - Click for Free Stuff!

Darkwave
05.02.2012 , 03:50 PM | #12
For me it has to be some kind of snap to grid. Makes my fake-OCD go crazy when everything doesn't line up perfectly. Other than that great work! Keep it up

Costello
05.02.2012 , 03:50 PM | #13
I would like to see more control over the size of the various aspects of the UI. At the moment I can change the size of everything which allows for a trade off as there are somethings I like having larger such as the hotbars while other things that would look neater such as info bars or the quest trackers that take up too much space.

I would also allow for a great zoom out ability, as it stands often seems that I am too close to my avatar to get a good idea of what is going on around him.

Owsley
05.02.2012 , 03:50 PM | #14
Please let us save our keybinds to a local file. It is a major pain to recreate them everytime we create a new character.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

Enderet
05.02.2012 , 03:53 PM | #15
Percantes/Health text on Focus target.

Option to scale the size of the debuffs (or something to make it easier to see them on one's personal character, and also in operations frames, where it gets yucky for healers).

Some way of knowing which debuffs on a mob were applied by you (so you can know when you need to reapply X debuff).

Option to further scale the size of castbars (as of right now, if one wants a large castbar one must set the global UI scale high up, and then go in and manually decrease the scale of all other objects... an obvious hassle).

Target of target of all Operations members (this function is in the game, but only in a 4 man party - this lets you better manage a raid if people are on the wrong target).

Pull timers (you already have the Ops announcement that flashes white text across the screen of all members of an operation... just add a way to start a 10 second timer that counts down).

Ready check.

Option to remove portrait from character and target.

Option to remove the small "Lock" button on the main hotbar (too easy to accidentally click it and then have your abilities start flying off of the hotbar).

Nyoro
05.02.2012 , 03:54 PM | #16
Stance and class specific skill(such as stealth) buttons next to the characters portrait. They shouldn't be confined to the toolbars.

Special hotkey animations for proc abilities, such as the HIB icon in flames when Ionic Accelerator procs. Glowing icons for DoT skills that are not currently applied to the target.

Easily noticable upperhand icons on the characters portrait (think combo points) so a user can easily tell how much upper hand he/she has.

Movement in the character portrait would be pretty cool and help make the game feel a little less static.

Edit: Also a Universal Chat channel with an icon to toggle it on or off on the chat bar. That would liven up the social side abit and be useful for new players.
Triggerhappy - lvl50 Vanguard Tomb of Freedon Nadd R.I.P Trayus Academy
The Honkhonk Legacy
"I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of BioWare Austin!" -John Riccitiello

pwnshoppe
05.02.2012 , 03:54 PM | #17
I have seen the button in the UI for queuing up rated warzones, but I haven't found the option to actually enable this. Would you be able to fix this?

Thanks.

Galinbb
05.02.2012 , 03:55 PM | #18
I play the game on Eyefinity with three monitors (<3 you guys for making it possible). The only thing UI customization in 1.2 doesn't seem to solve (and if it does, I apologize) are windows like Inventory, Character, Guild ... basically anything that comes up with a hotkey does not seem to be impacted by UI customization. Can we get these windows unlocked and their position edit...able so I can not look back and forth from far left for my character screen and far right for my inventory? I know, /firstworldproblem, but you asked for suggestions!

Very respectfully,
Agent Geoff Awesome
The Gloom Walkers
Jedi Covenant

P.S. The operative healing changes in 1.2 are great!

Danakar
05.02.2012 , 03:57 PM | #19
  • Snap-on grid so you can align your UI elements perfectly.
  • Foreground/Background checkbox. Especially when you have 2 boxes partly overlapping eachother and wish to have the dominant one always on the foreground.
  • Unlock Companion Abilities so they can be moved onto the mini-bar.
  • Create a special 'Heroic Moment' UI element which opens up a mini-bar with abilities keyed to this ability when used.
Danakar <Legacy name taken> - retired Jedi Knight
The Fifth Order (fell to pieces after the merge)
|||||||||||||()█╣ Subscription cancelled, thanks BW/EA

Saregon
05.02.2012 , 03:57 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Galinbb View Post
I play the game on Eyefinity with three monitors (<3 you guys for making it possible). The only thing UI customization in 1.2 doesn't seem to solve (and if it does, I apologize) are windows like Inventory, Character, Guild ... basically anything that comes up with a hotkey does not seem to be impacted by UI customization. Can we get these windows unlocked and their position edit...able so I can not look back and forth from far left for my character screen and far right for my inventory? I know, /firstworldproblem, but you asked for suggestions!

Very respectfully,
Agent Geoff Awesome
The Gloom Walkers
Jedi Covenant

P.S. The operative healing changes in 1.2 are great!
There's an option in the interface editor that says something like "Enable Moveable Secondary Window"...turning that on makes the character sheet, inventory, crew skill menu, etc. moveable and in my experience it remembers where you put them when you save the UI file.
N e v e r . F o r g e t
Here is my Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/R8kSmL - Click for Free Stuff!