Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bioware's ignorance reflects the Heroic Moment Legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bioware's ignorance reflects the Heroic Moment Legacy

VanorDM's Avatar


VanorDM
05.02.2012 , 12:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Samvan View Post
Wrong, because if the Orbital Strike works as intended, it knock downs every enemy standard NPC within range.
If you're using heroic moment when facing standard NPC's you're doing it wrong.

I'd dare say that this thread proves who is really the one who's ignorant, and it's not Bioware.

Skizzik's Avatar


Skizzik
05.02.2012 , 12:33 PM | #22
Do people actually use the heroic moment? I don't even have it on my quickbar.
Blazers and Lasers
Skizzell Blazer (Member) "Dirt Dog is not the one to be F'in' with."
Site | Suit Up
| Stream

Galbatorrix's Avatar


Galbatorrix
05.02.2012 , 12:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by VulcanLogic View Post
You know, I have to edit my comment about consulars should be getting forcequake to mirror. I guess the design is you're supposed to have one of each from BOTH factions leveled all the way. Uh. Yeah. That's gonna happen.
I have two servers with 16 characters. One of each AC. So.. uh.. why not? I only wish that they'd allow 16 character slots and free transfers so I could have them all on one server.

Samvan's Avatar


Samvan
05.02.2012 , 12:34 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
This is your opinion, and personally the only 1 I think sucks (my personal opinion) is the troopers.

Force sweep describes the Knight real well, and throwing a giant rock from the Counselor makes to much sense. And I get it your made the Groan Kick does not blow off the opponents nether regions, but what move would describe a Han Solo type charater? A Quirky comeback to the Inquisitors lightening storm?
I'm saying it again;

Han Solo (Smuggler) gets a kick because...thats how he is.

And An Imperial Agent gets a huge Orbital Strike that does massive damage to the area affected.....because thats how they are......

It's not a good example your giving. You're just proving that the republic classes are more dull than the Imperial.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
Again it does not have to be mirrored, because... wait for it... it does not effect game-play, except for a single player experience.
Again, not a valid excuse. If it's ingame, it should be balanced and equal.

You can' t give superpowers to one side and bad stuff to another and then say "OH WELL U RARELY USE IT ANYWAY". That's just ignorance.

VulcanLogic's Avatar


VulcanLogic
05.02.2012 , 12:34 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
Again it does not have to be mirrored, because... wait for it... it does not effect game-play, except for a single player experience.
It doesn't? Huh. Single player, you say? Ah yes. Could I have sworn I used it when soloing Poisonous Strategy, Lord Raxxus, and the other heroic 2 dailies last night. But that's beside the point. The point is, we're supposed to level up 4 imps and 4 pubs on a server to get all the legacy heroic abilities. Don't like the design, but it's there for those who want it. With cross faction mailing to your own alts, I suppose I could just delete my lower level alts and switch sides.
Yo. Droid companions need an operations vendor, too. My extra coms have to go somewhere, and I'd prefer SCORPIO to Kaliyo.

DarthDemens's Avatar


DarthDemens
05.02.2012 , 12:35 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Samvan View Post
Wrong, because if the Orbital Strike works as intended, it knock downs every enemy standard NPC within range.

Which can be seen as a stun since they cannot do anything everytime the NPCs get knocked down.
How often do you need to use your Heroic Moment against standard enemies? Unless you're just doing it to show off.

When you need to use it, its when you're going up against something strong enough to seriously hurt. Like a Class boss or a champion. In that case, yes, a stun is more useful than an AoE damage attack.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

Samvan's Avatar


Samvan
05.02.2012 , 12:35 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
If you're using heroic moment when facing standard NPC's you're doing it wrong.

I'd dare say that this thread proves who is really the one who's ignorant, and it's not Bioware.
Ever heard of an elite monsters and standard mobs together?

The Orbital Strike does damage to the elite monsters while knocking down the standard ones.

HUGE overpowered.

What does Dirty Kick do? One single target, 4 second stun. Yeah great one.

VanorDM's Avatar


VanorDM
05.02.2012 , 12:36 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Samvan View Post
Ever heard of an elite monsters and standard mobs together?
That's pretty rare, other then in heroics. If the standard stuff can't be burned down quickly then you are doing something wrong.

Again I'd much rather that that Elite stunned for 4 seconds then use an AoE on stuff that should already be dead.

Samvan's Avatar


Samvan
05.02.2012 , 12:38 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
That's pretty rare, other then in heroics. If the standard stuff can't be burned down quickly then you are doing something wrong.
Wrong, it's quite common during boss fights at Class quests.

Again, overpowered, Bioware should redesign this legacy part.

Just proves how bad they design stuff.

Liokae's Avatar


Liokae
05.02.2012 , 12:39 PM | #30
They're not mirrored because they're eight separate abilities, all available to both sides. If you think a particular one is high-powered... get it. It'll give it to all your characters on that legacy, Empire and Republic both.