Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware's ignorance reflects the Heroic Moment Legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bioware's ignorance reflects the Heroic Moment Legacy

Samvan
05.02.2012 , 12:24 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
While I agree, you do realize that your Pub characters also get those legacy moves if they're on the same server as your Imp characters, right? So, you could technically create a smuggler (or any republic character) with all 8 abilities.

With that said, in a way, Republic is getting the better deal because they're able to get better Imp moves through legacy than Imps can get from the republic side.
Still not a valid excuse for making the entire Republic legacy heroic moment abilities ****.

Pesh
05.02.2012 , 12:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Samvan View Post
So it's mirrored by the type of class?

Are you basically saying that the Republic's classes are more dull than the Empire side?
Never said that. This is a VANITY skill, it does not need to be mirror. It is for the looks of it... Look my Inquisitor can kick you in the balls or Look my Trooper can shoot lightening at you.

These are vanity skill that pass down from your class for RP purposes, they just so happen to include some nice additional help for leveling (which is not needed).

VanorDM
05.02.2012 , 12:27 PM | #13
Still not a valid excuse for making the entire Republic legacy heroic moment abilities ****.
Considering when you actually use heroic moment, a 4 second stun is more useful then a AoE.

VulcanLogic
05.02.2012 , 12:28 PM | #14
You know, I have to edit my comment about consulars should be getting forcequake to mirror. I guess the design is you're supposed to have one of each from BOTH factions leveled all the way. Uh. Yeah. That's gonna happen.
Yo. Droid companions need an operations vendor, too. My extra coms have to go somewhere, and I'd prefer SCORPIO to Kaliyo.

Samvan
05.02.2012 , 12:29 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
Considering when you actually use heroic moment, a 4 second stun is more useful then a AoE.
Wrong, because if the Orbital Strike works as intended, it knock downs every enemy standard NPC within range.

Which can be seen as a stun since they cannot do anything everytime the NPCs get knocked down.

Pesh
05.02.2012 , 12:29 PM | #16
This is your opinion, and personally the only 1 I think sucks (my personal opinion) is the troopers.

Force sweep describes the Knight real well, and throwing a giant rock from the Counselor makes to much sense. And I get it your made the Groan Kick does not blow off the opponents nether regions, but what move would describe a Han Solo type charater? A Quirky comeback to the Inquisitors lightening storm?

Pesh
05.02.2012 , 12:31 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by VulcanLogic View Post
Should have been mirrored. My imp side gets force storm AoE, which is INSTANT CAST rather than channeled. My pub side gets...wait for it...legacy Project. Forcequake would have been more appropriate.
Again it does not have to be mirrored, because... wait for it... it does not effect game-play, except for a single player experience.

jgoldsack
05.02.2012 , 12:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
Edit: I was under the impression that any class could use it after unlocking the prerequisite class - meaning a Jedi Knight can use Orbital Bombardment if they maxed out an Agent. That'd be useful for Republic guys.
I can use the Force Storm AOE on my Jedi.

They are fully cross faction...
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

http://www.swtor.com/r/ycmWN7 <-- link for some free stuff!

Inspecter
05.02.2012 , 12:32 PM | #19
Wrong, because if the Orbital Strike works as intended, it knock downs every enemy standard NPC within range.

Which can be seen as a stun since they cannot do anything everytime the NPCs get knocked down.
You often use heroic moment when fighting standard mobs? I sure don't...I generally only use it when I'm in trouble...elites and champs. AoEs are a waste against single targets.

Superawesomerman
05.02.2012 , 12:33 PM | #20

If you are blowing heroic moment on huge packs of standard enemies you are doing it wrong.
Elissa, the Tramp Sage, Krugaan, the ... Sentinel.
Nadds Sarcophagus
HOW TO SUCK LESS IN WARZONES: A SERIOUS GUIDE
Sages are still the best 1.2 pvp healer, and here's why.