Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware's ignorance reflects the Heroic Moment Legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bioware's ignorance reflects the Heroic Moment Legacy

Samvan
05.02.2012 , 12:10 PM | #1
Ever compared the heroic moment abilities between Republic and Imperial?

Let me give you a runthrough;

Imperial Agent - Orbital Strike

Big massive AOE that knockback normal NPCs each time it hits down.

Smuggler - Dirty Kick

....stuns a target for 4 seconds.......the damage caused isn't even noticable

Or for another example:

Bounty Hunter - Flamethrower

Does a lot of damage to the enemy NPCs infront of you. Let's assume at 50 they are equal to the 50 skills.
This gives Flamethrower a 2308 damage during the entire sequence

Trooper - Grenade

Throw it towards an enemy NPC, if normal "incapacitated", hits for 1252-1317 damage.

Do Bioware really give a **** about the Republics?

Cause I don't even.......

princemjt
05.02.2012 , 12:11 PM | #2
The heroic moment is stupid anyways..it makes legacy pointless. You cant even use it in PvP and on top of that the cool down is 20 mins
puff puff puff puff..puff......... o_o

Samvan
05.02.2012 , 12:12 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by princemjt View Post
The heroic moment is stupid anyways..it makes legacy pointless. You cant even use it in PvP and on top of that the cool down is 20 mins
So just because it's stupid, not usable in PVP and the cooldown is far too long, does it allow Bioware to treat Republic like rats?

Nope.

Infact, I use it fairly often when I level with a character. It's very useful......................well not at the republic side it's not.

princemjt
05.02.2012 , 12:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Samvan View Post
So just because it's stupid, not usable in PVP and the cooldown is far too long, does it allow Bioware to treat Republic like rats?

Nope.

Infact, I use it fairly often when I level with a character. It's very useful......................well not at the republic side it's not.
imps have been favored since day 1? this is not new my friend
puff puff puff puff..puff......... o_o

Calsetes
05.02.2012 , 12:14 PM | #5
Sith Warrior - Force Choke.

Jedi Knight - Force Sweep (much more useless, I think, in comparison to Force Choke / Force Crush.)

Sith Inquisitor - Force Lightning, I think? Not sure which one it is, since I don't have one, but I'd assume it's the equivalent to Telekinetic Throw for Consulars (the channeled skill.)

Jedi Consular - Project (Chuck a rock at them. Just one rock.)

Edit: I was under the impression that any class could use it after unlocking the prerequisite class - meaning a Jedi Knight can use Orbital Bombardment if they maxed out an Agent. That'd be useful for Republic guys.
The average person thinks he isn't.
-Anonymous

Pesh
05.02.2012 , 12:17 PM | #6
This is a VANITY skill...

Each class is represented in a way that describes them... I could not think of a better skill to represent the Smuggler. They could have gotten more creative with the trooper however. But the point is these are nothing more then VANITY. So it does not matter how often you use them or who has the better one... cause it really does not change your gaming experience.

Samvan
05.02.2012 , 12:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post

Jedi Knight - Force Sweep (much more useless, I think, in comparison to Force Choke / Force Crush.)

Sith Inquisitor - Force Lightning, I think? Not sure which one it is, since I don't have one, but I'd assume it's the equivalent to Telekinetic Throw for Consulars (the channeled skill.)

Let me fix that for you;

Sith Inquisitor - Huge Lightning Storm AOE.

Samvan
05.02.2012 , 12:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
This is a VANITY skill...

Each class is represented in a way that describes them... I could not think of a better skill to represent the Smuggler. They could have gotten more creative with the trooper however. But the point is these are nothing more then VANITY. So it does not matter how often you use them or who has the better one... cause it really does not change your gaming experience.
So it's mirrored by the type of class?

Are you basically saying that the Republic's classes are more dull than the Empire side?

Bigbozo
05.02.2012 , 12:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post

Edit: I was under the impression that any class could use it after unlocking the prerequisite class - meaning a Jedi Knight can use Orbital Bombardment if they maxed out an Agent. That'd be useful for Republic guys.
Sith Inq's give you a AoE Force Lightning that's very nice.

And yes a Jedi Knigh can use Orbital Bombardment, provided the player has leveled and IA to 50.

Galbatorrix
05.02.2012 , 12:21 PM | #10
While I agree, you do realize that your Pub characters also get those legacy moves if they're on the same server as your Imp characters, right? So, you could technically create a smuggler (or any republic character) with all 8 abilities.

With that said, in a way, Republic is getting the better deal because they're able to get better Imp moves through legacy than Imps can get from the republic side.