Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvPer's don't care about this game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
PvPer's don't care about this game

FITorion's Avatar


FITorion
05.02.2012 , 09:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JaeAXP View Post
hmmm, end game is either pvp or become a farmer, of course you have to take care of the pvp'ers... how many alts can you lvl up to 50 before it its old, for me it was 3
I have 16 characters. none are lvl 50. Once I get a few up to 50 I'll have 21 characters Yay Legacy...

Never attribute to malice that which can be ascribed to sheer stupidity.

Morto's Avatar


Morto
05.02.2012 , 09:14 AM | #22
PvP is what keeps me playing...if not I wouldve unsub months ago, so don't get your point.

Jederix's Avatar


Jederix
05.02.2012 , 09:16 AM | #23
The terms "huge" and "PvP Community" should never be used when talking about MMOs. The actual "PvP Community" is small when compared to it's PvE Counterpart. Sure, there are a lot of people who might dabble in PvP here and there, but those solely dedicated to it are few.

Despute this fact if you wish, but there is a reason that PvP-only MMOs are not successful and do not last. If there was a demand for them, the genre would be saturated with successful ones. It isn't.

Should you alienate this minority? No, I do not advocate that at all. But losing some of them to another game is not going to make or break your own game.
Internet Forums. Where Grammar and Spelling go to die!

EvoEmpire's Avatar


EvoEmpire
05.02.2012 , 09:18 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Morto View Post
PvP is what keeps me playing...if not I wouldve unsub months ago, so don't get your point.
Same for me, but it's the same and the old, can only do so many warzones before craving that open world excitement and this game has none and we have nothing coming soon or the developers would of said something by now, another lost cause
Do not follow where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail

Logisitcs's Avatar


Logisitcs
05.02.2012 , 09:20 AM | #25
I read it on Massively, I don't know where they got their sources from

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05...tent/#comments

Jederix's Avatar


Jederix
05.02.2012 , 09:21 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
More people PvP on the internet than play any other game type - Bioware would be insane not to want PvPer to come to and stick with SWTOR.
I suppose if you take FPS games into account, maybe. In MMOs? No, not even close. Also, don't confuse those who PvP and those in the "PvP Community". They are not the same thing.
Internet Forums. Where Grammar and Spelling go to die!

EvoEmpire's Avatar


EvoEmpire
05.02.2012 , 09:22 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Logisitcs View Post
I read it on Massively, I don't know where they got their sources from

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05...tent/#comments

wow nice find, there is hope afterall
Do not follow where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail

EvoEmpire's Avatar


EvoEmpire
05.02.2012 , 09:26 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jederix View Post
I suppose if you take FPS games into account, I suppose you might be right. In MMOs? No, not even close.
MMO's by a long shot, there are more people playing on the PvP servers then the PvE servers in this game, 95% of the post requesting server transfers are from the PvE side cause everyone is playing PvP, take a look, the demand for a more elaborate experience will always dominate the bland pve servers.
Do not follow where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail

TheOnlyKyrenS's Avatar


TheOnlyKyrenS
05.02.2012 , 09:30 AM | #29
Just because you don't care for the PVP in this game doesn't mean everyone doesn't. Stop trying to speak for everyone.
Quote: Originally Posted by corbanite View Post
oh great more constructive criticism.. god knows why some people think there are haters on this forum

Goretzu's Avatar


Goretzu
05.02.2012 , 09:31 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jederix View Post
I suppose if you take FPS games into account, maybe. In MMOs? No, not even close. Also, don't confuse those who PvP and those in the "PvP Community". They are not the same thing.
There's a "PvP Community" is there? Do you have to register yourself as that on the electoral roll now?

Now just because MMORPGs haven't worked out (yet) how to fully tap into the largest internet gaming market there is, doesn't mean it's still not the largest internet gaming market.


Which nicely comes back to the point that Bioware would be insane not to want to attract and retain PvPers, it's the biggest customer pool around!
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1