Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvPer's don't care about this game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
PvPer's don't care about this game

Logisitcs
05.02.2012 , 08:07 AM | #1
He says that the team discovered that SWTOR had a huge PvP community and has since "turned a huge amount of resources" to developing more content for that side of the game. Paraphrased from Daniel Erickson, my question is why?

They're ridiculously fickle, and I'm sure most don't even play anymore. So why waste resources on a side of the game for people who claim they're leaving for GW2? Those "resources" could be used to make the space battles better, more story content, mini-games, crafting, social activities, planets, live events, dungeons and raids and optimizing the damn engine further... Look at the Ilum debacle and Ranked Warzones; so much hate on these forums towards it.

Bioware, stop trying to please them. Stop trying to make this some e-sport. They will never be pleased. And they've moved on. The PvErs who honestly want to give this game a chance, have not.

Kanshan
05.02.2012 , 08:11 AM | #2
I am a PvPer, and I love this game thank you very much.
Want to post feed back of why you're quitting? For the love of all that is good, post here http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

JaeAXP
05.02.2012 , 08:11 AM | #3
hmmm, end game is either pvp or become a farmer, of course you have to take care of the pvp'ers... how many alts can you lvl up to 50 before it its old, for me it was 3

Angel_of_Cain
05.02.2012 , 08:22 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Logisitcs View Post
He says that the team discovered that SWTOR had a huge PvP community and has since "turned a huge amount of resources" to developing more content for that side of the game. Paraphrased from Daniel Erickson, my question is why?

They're ridiculously fickle, and I'm sure most don't even play anymore. So why waste resources on a side of the game for people who claim they're leaving for GW2? Those "resources" could be used to make the space battles better, more story content, mini-games, crafting, social activities, planets, live events, dungeons and raids and optimizing the damn engine further... Look at the Ilum debacle and Ranked Warzones; so much hate on these forums towards it.

Bioware, stop trying to please them. Stop trying to make this some e-sport. They will never be pleased. And they've moved on. The PvErs who honestly want to give this game a chance, have not.
And they say PvP'ers whine too much..........
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Quote: Originally Posted by VoidJustice View Post
The community itself ended any chance at open world pvp by rolling imperial in mass.

Drudenfusz
05.02.2012 , 08:43 AM | #5
I am a PvP player, and play since early access... sure, I will also buy GW2, but as long as BioWare is trying to give me more PvP stuff in SWTOR I think I might stay, the moment they listen to OP is the moment that I consider leaving.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Balrizangor
05.02.2012 , 08:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Logisitcs View Post

Where is the link this is from? I would like to read the non-paraphrased version ...
In umbris potestas est ("In the shadows, there is power")

Why Haven't They Fixed My Bug?? - I'm not the Author but it is a great read.

Ironleg
05.02.2012 , 08:47 AM | #7
If not for the PvP, I would have left months ago.

Problem?
I'm with Jar Jar --->

Gruug
05.02.2012 , 08:49 AM | #8
I think it is great that there are PvP'ers. I think it is great there are PvE'ers. What I don't think is great is when one group thinks they are more important then the other in terms of what resources should be spend where. I assure you that if Bioware neglects either the PvP side OR the PvE side that the game as a whole will suffer.

Give me an MMO that I can visit and have fun! Where what I pay for is not going to those that play for free.

Allistair
05.02.2012 , 08:51 AM | #9
Personally, I think the PvP players are what kills games.
They complain about classes not being balanced, when they SHOULDN'T be balanced.
It's an MMO and the grouping of different classes should balance each other and make the whole team stronger.

The idea is that every class has a role to play and when grouped together they work extremely well.

The problem is that all this trying to "balance classes" for the sake of PvP is totally RUINING the PvE part of the game.

Unfortunately, the PvP crowd is a Vocal Minority on the forums, and many a game has failed due to this whole failed philosophy of "Balanced Classes for PvP"

PvE - It's a Team thing, not an individual one, like PvP. Trying to "Balance classes" fails and kills a PvE game.

I wish these games would either focus on the PvP crowd (And I could avoid those games) or focus on the PvE crowd, and just tell the PvP players straight out, the classes are suppose to work together compensating for each's weakness. Not be equal on all levels.
I'm a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four. ~ Walter Slovotsky
The Order of the Dark Temple - Shadowlands Server

Saregon
05.02.2012 , 08:53 AM | #10
Hi, I'm Saregon, and I play the whole game. Thank you.

Seriously, the whole pve vs pvp thing is so annoying. This is coming from someone who used to hate pvp by the way. Found out these games are much more enjoyable if you get into all aspects of them.
N e v e r . F o r g e t
Here is my Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/R8kSmL - Click for Free Stuff!