Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please Do Not Nerf Lost Island. A Rational View.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Please Do Not Nerf Lost Island. A Rational View.

ubique
05.02.2012 , 07:22 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
There is nothing rational about making content that few will play.

Now before you say L2Play I did the instance one time and cleared it. Nobody could be bothered to run it again since then.

Quick question for those wanting it to stay the same: How often do you run it? Have you run it more than once?
As futile as replying to this drivel may be, I can't help myself. This instance is NOT meant for those geared in anything less than Columi for the most part. It is NOT on par with any of the earlier Hard Modes. What it IS is the most rewarding/challenging four-man content currently available (at least as far as I've seen). When you learn the strategies you get a legitimate sense of accomplishment because of the difficulty.

P.S. There should always be content that only a few will be able to see/beat. It's called end-game. That one MMO that made you think you're entitled to finish all of a game's content lied. Sorry. This is not a mere "l2play nub" post, this is about content that takes knowing what you're doing, who you're grouped with, and how to maximize your own effectiveness.
Ubique
Shadow Tank
The Shadowlands
Me

Scotsh
05.02.2012 , 07:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ubique View Post
All of the issues you bring up are a matter of learning the flashpoint. If I told you the time it took my group, skipping as much as we could, to get from start to Lorrick kill you'd never believe me. My team(s) can pretty reliably do a full clear in less than fifty minutes, with maybe a death or two on boss fights. If you can kill the robot, you can clear the place. As far as Rakata drops, Doctor Lorrick drops not only a Rakata chestpiece, but a Columi weapon...for the reward, the time you put in is well worth it. To say nothing of the awesome story and the fact that, again, the challenge is what makes it fun. Lost Island is a keeper, and future FP's ought to follow in its footsteps.
How is learning (and therefore doing the FP multiple times) the FP improving a terrible itemization?
How do you justify tionese crystal (they have been worthless in the other HMs as well) drops as "well worth it"?
By the time you learned the FP well enough to clear it in less than an hour you wont need anything from there (except maybe for the weekly).

I have been through this FP twice now and there was not a single drop which i would consider useful for me. It was mostly the same for my group and most items have been greeded for companions, money or disassembly.
Clearing EV HM is easier than this and in terms of items far more rewarding. This is the imbalance i am criticizing.

Also, i dont want any nerfs to the bosses or the trash. I dont want less trash. But i dont want a double punishment for a wipe which results in a useless timesink.

JJDrakken
05.02.2012 , 07:40 AM | #13
If they are not going tone it down, they need to up the rewards.

Honestly with that particular Flashpoint, it shouldn't be giving Tionese crystals & commendations anymore. Jus have them drop Columi commendations, would probably fix quite a bit, same with all other gear up to final boss. Have it be good, not crap.

Because you need a good geared group to do that place in the first place.

JJ
GUILD: LEGACY Server: The Harbinger
A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he ain't afraid of anything.
This Jawa is hiding something!

ubique
05.02.2012 , 07:43 AM | #14
Agree 100% that tionese commendations dropping is a joke, as most people ready to run the HM version (I've never stepped into story mode, so I am not sure of difficulty level) all have full columi two times over, but the mere fact that you can get a Rakata chest in about 50 minutes and not be locked out is great. And just IMHO, Doctor Lorrick is the most fun 4-man event in the game right now.
Ubique
Shadow Tank
The Shadowlands
Me

YodadoY
05.02.2012 , 07:46 AM | #15

Now before you say L2Play I did the instance one time and cleared it. Nobody could be bothered to run it again since then.

Quick question for those wanting it to stay the same: How often do you run it? Have you run it more than once?
I typically run it twice a week. Once to farm my BH comms and once to tank another set of guildies through it. I dont need the loot, I just want the comms. We typically have 0 ranged dps in the group. We might wipe once or twice...maybe if we miss an incinerate or if someone makes an error or the Doc. This flashpoint takes a lot of focus and coordination. Definitely best run with a group from your guild and much harder to PUG. I like it and I hope there is always something in the game with this difficulty level. It feels more like an operation than an EZ mode flashpoint. Great job, devs!

That said, I absolutely HATE run-backs and wish all fps and ops had a speeder that dropped you off right in front of the next boss/trash area. Running back is a waste of time.

Darth-Zexus
05.02.2012 , 08:18 AM | #16
/signed

The flashpoint brings a fun challenege, with that being said I don't want a nerf at all.. But it is silly that you need to be in columi, only to get columi from the bosses besides Lorrik. I say, maybe let the first boss drop rakata bracers & the second drop a rakata belt.. That way people aren't exaclty running Lost Island like a raid, but they are still getting good gear.
For the Empire!

Hazrahel
05.02.2012 , 08:22 AM | #17
/agrees with OP

Freeborne
05.02.2012 , 08:27 AM | #18
I don't think it needs to be nerfed, but I think the first boss needs to be retuned.

If you have to ranged DPS the first boss is a cake walk.

If you have two melee DPS the first boss is a nightmare.

That's gap in strategy/makeup needs to be addressed.

You shouldn't have to cherry pick your slots for a 4 person flashpoint. (And don't even get me started on being the only class that can't interrupt...)
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

RAAAAAAAAAAGE
05.02.2012 , 08:35 AM | #19

We run the flashpoint everyday to help gear people up, for the weekly and just because it is nice to have somethign that requires proper co-ordination. One of our team got 2 columi upgrades from just daily modded orange gear and the Rakata chest.

Semitote
05.02.2012 , 08:35 AM | #20
If you don't know the boss mechanics, I can see how this place is ridiculously hard. Also if you're in full Tionese, I can see this place being extremely challenging. Hell, the bonus boss had a pretty strict enrage timer considering he only dropped a Tionese level relic. The first real boss is ridiculously hectic as well - though, if you can beat him you can probably beat every boss in the instance (if you have the DPS for the bonus boss).

I dunno, maybe change the enrage timer on the bonus boss and tune the first boss slightly.. The second and last bosses are fine as they are.
Semee - Legacy 39 - Valor 83 - Social VIII - Juggernaut
The Fatman Nerf Dialogue World #1 8M Empire
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."