Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vendor Trash or RE?

05.02.2012 , 01:26 AM | #1
haya, im leveling up Arms tech by building barrels, i allways RE the barrels to get to the blue ones and skip ever other barrel or so (reflex barrel 1 -> reflex barrel 3 -> reflex barrel 6 or so)

my question is after i get to the blue schematic do i vendor trash the item for credits to pay for crew missions or do i RE the item for the matts?

i would put them on the auction but i tend to end up with 10-20 of them and allthough i may sell one or two i will never sell them all as the population on the server means there simply are not enough people wanting them regardless of the price.

05.02.2012 , 02:03 AM | #2
I try selling them first. If they still don't sell, I advertise. If it still won't sell, I'll put them somewhere for alts/companions or try again later.

Also, I usually RE green leftovers. The first reason is quest rewards usually offer the same level blues which are better at some point on a planet. The other is it gives me a chance at the mats to make blues to upgrade to purples which have a better market value. Also, if people buy your greens they won't buy the stuff at the same level you sell that's better!

One idea to reduce the blue leftovers is to pick out which patterns you want to RE ahead of time- say, Reflex and Skill 7,9,11,13,15,17 or whatever. Stay online to RE the greens since those usually don't take long at all. Queue up your companions to make one of each of the blues until you run out of crafting space. Then switch to an alt. When you come back you'll RE the ones made, and if lucky get a purple schematic or two. Take the ones off the list and queue them up again when you want to go offline again.

I did this on my cybertech/slicing/investigation alt (I have UT and Scavenging on my main.) While two of the three available ran slicing missions (the remaining missions usually being companion gifts) I'd have the third make mods and armorings this way. It didn't take long to get all the blue recipes and I've only got a few purple mods to go and about 1/4 of the purple armorings remaining. (No, I don't think anyone would ever want them made, I just want them all!)